The Envelope of Names

" That was footage from surveillance cameras at the station. The death of one of the FBI agents is captured on here. " Aizawa groaned.

   " Let's see the following scenes again. Raye Penber passing the ticket gate on his way in, then him boarding the train. And finally, the part where he dies on the platform. "

   " Okay. "

You sat beside Ryuzaki and grabbed the remote, rewinding the TV screen. It was late into the night, and the team was meeting to watch through tapes of all the places the twelve FBI agents went to. After school had ended, you came to the hotel and walked in to see RYuzaki sitting on the couch watching that tapes. You joined him and continued watching the tapes until this point. You were feeling tired, and you started to understand how Ryuzaki gained the eyebags.

   " Um, so based on the records I have here, Raye Penber comes through the west entrance of Shinjuku Station at three eleven pm. Then at three thirteen, he boards a train on the Yamanote Line. But even if he was following someone at that time, I think it's going to be very difficult for us to draw any real conclusions from this blurry video. And then at exactly four forty-two pm. . .oh, thank you very much Watari. "

Watari handed Matusda an ice cream cone with two scoops of green ice cream sitting on the cone. As Matsuda continued to explain, Watari handed everyone ice cream. Then, he handed you yours, and the frozen treat made you stay awake a little longer.

   " That's a little strange. " You said, licking your ice cream.

   " How is it strange exactly, Y/n? " Aizawa asked.

   " Well, we know Raye Penber got on the train and then an hour and a half later he got off and died. But the strange thing is that the train he took on the Yamanote line takes an hour to complete its circuit. So, where did the other thirty minutes come from? And he got on the train with an envelope, but he left the train and died without it. "

   " What envelope? " Matsuda asked.

   " Let me show you. "

You reminded the footage back to the point where he was crossing the ticket gate. You stood up and walked to the TV, and pointed at Raye's hands. You could see the outline of an envelope being held in his grip.

   " We see it here. "

You played the footage up to his death and pointed to the screen when Raye Penber was collapsing on the ground outside of the train.

   " But not here. "

   " I can't believe you actually caught that. " Aizawa said, looking at the screen closer.

   " Well, I don't see an envelope on this list of his personal effects. " Mr. Yagami said, picking up the list.

   " Which means it was left on the train. And if you watch closely at the very end here. . ."

Ryuzaki took the remote from your hand and started to fast forward the tape.

   " . .it seems like he's straining to look inside the train before the doors close. You can see right here. Wouldn't it be interesting if Kira was on that train? "

   " That's impossible! " Mr. Yagami said, raising his voice.

   " I admit I find it hard to believe as well. There's no reason for Kira to come to the scene of his own crime when he can kill from a distance. Well. . .maybe he was counting on us to make that assumption and figured he could get away with such a bold move. "

You continued to eat your ice cream until the entire cone was gone. You looked at your phone and saw the time, and decided that you wanted to head home and sleep. You stood up from the couch and threw away the wrapper that came with your ice cream.

   " I'm going to head out now. I'm tired and I won't be of use to any of you like this. And I have school tomorrow. "

   " Have a good night Y/n. Get plenty of rest. " Mr. Yagami said.

   " Sleep well, kid. I'm jealous you have an excuse to leave. " Aizawa said.

Matsuda waved at you because he was yawning uncontrollably.

   " I'll walk you out, Ms. Y/n. " Ryuzaki said, standing up from his chair. He walked to the door beside you, but when he got to the door, he opened it and stepped outside with you.

   " Ms. Y/n there is something I want to consult you about. "

   " Okay. "

   " What would you say if I believe that your friend, Light Yagami, is Kira? "

   " I would say. . .you have a point. There are connections I can see, but there are also some connections I can't see. We know now that it was Raye Penber who died and that he was following Light. But I have a biased opinion. I couldn't imagine LIght doing this, because he's worked so hard in school, and he's a good guy. So, I would tell you that I'm the wrong person to talk to about Light being Kira. "

   " You think it too don't you? "

   " No comment. I better be going. Its midnight and I have to get up in a few hours for school. "

   " Be careful out there, and if you see or hear anything suspicious call Watari immediately. Will you be showing up today after school? "

   " I'm not sure. If I don't have any plans I probably will, but if I do then I'll let you know. "

   " Okay, stay safe out there, Ms. Y/n. "

Ryuzaki turned to go back inside the hotel room, but you stopped him by calling his name.

   " Ryuzaki? "

   " Yes? "

   " Why don't you call me Y/n. You can drop the title. "

   " I suppose I can do that since you call me Ryuzaki. Have a good night, and thank you for your hard work Y/n. "

You said goodbye to him and left the hotel building. You walked through the streets and made it to your own building complex. You settled in your room and looked at your desk. On your desk, there was a picture of you and Light standing in front of his house in your Sophomore year. His mother wanted a picture of the two of you, and even though Light didn't want to take the picture, you both still did. You found yourself starring at the picture, specifically at Light's smiling face.

   " Would you really kill someone Light Yagami? "