The Response

Light finished the script and called for Ryuzaki to look at it.

   " Ryuzaki, does this look okay? "

Ryuzaki stood from the couch and took the paper Light held up to him. The top corners of that page were pinched between his thumbs and forefingers as he read through the script.

   " I think I managed to make it believable. "

   " I think you've done an excellent job with this. However, if we don't omit the part that says, 'You're free to kill L,' then I'm gonna end up dead. "

   " Uh, sorry. I guess I got carried away playing the part. " Light said, laughing.

   " I figured if I was him, I'd probably demand that you be killed. I was improvising. Feel free to change it to whatever you like. " Light continued reclining in his chair.

   " Sounds good. "

You shut the red book, feeling accomplished. You had read the entire book, along with Ryuzaki's notes. You wrote your notes underneath his in a different colored pen so he could tell whose notes were whose. After looking over the script one more time, Ryuzaki was ready for the broadcast.

   " Okay, Aihara, the script is ready. I'll leave it to you. "

   " All right. "

You stood from your chair and walked over to Ryuzaki, and handed him the red book you had read. He took the book from you and skimmed through some of the pages reading your work.

   " Nice work, your skills impressive me everytime you're in this room. "

   " Thanks. I'm just trying to help and get this solved faster. "

   " You've been an amazing help. "

   " And now, a shocking announcement. In response to the frightening Kira video aired on Sakura TV only a few days ago, an anonymous individual has contacted us claiming to be the real Kira. In short, he has demanded of this network, as well as several others, that we air the message you are now about to see. I would also like to mention that the NPA has granted us permission to air this video. Is this the real Kira? No one knows for sure. But we can only hope this video will provide us with some much-needed answers. "

The screen changed from the announcer to a golden screen with Kira's name written with a fancy text. Ryuzaki sat on the single-seater couch while everyone gathered beside him. Light stood beside you as you both watched the work he created.

   " I am Kira. The true Kira. The one who was broadcast on Sakura TV several days ago is a pretender. A fake. The purpose of this message is to communicate my will to this imposter. I have chosen to be lenient with him for the time being, only because I believe he wishes to cooperate with me in the creation of a new world. But I want to make it absolutely clear that the taking of innocent lives is against my will. If this person claiming to be me is truly sympathetic to my cause and wishes to be of some help, I ask two things of him: That he refrain from killing aimlessly and that he agree to abide by my basic principles. . ."

   ' This will do it. The second Kira should comply and make a response to this message. If they realize it is not Kira doing it, we will be in absolute trouble, because we've angered someone with power, but. . .I think we'll get the reaction we want. This copycat will reply to us and they will comply with Kira's demands. He might even slip up when replying. With how he spoke it sounded like he was willing to do anything for Kira. Now, he's getting what he wants, he should be excited to reply and that excitement will be his downfall. He's going to slip up. '

   " Great work today. Everyone is dismissed early today and may go home. But please come in at your usual times tomorrow. " Ryuzaki said.

   " Wait, you're letting us go home early? You've never done that to us before. " Matsuda said, surprised by Ryuzaki's words.

   " We are waiting for a response from the second Kira. It's going to take some time before we receive a response. For now, rest and come back here to position your minds towards the original Kira. While we wait for the second Kira's response we will look at the original data we collected from the first Kira. "

Everyone nodded and left the suite. You walked out with Light beside you. Mr. Yagami called a taxi and called for Light, but Light waved at his father.

   " I'm going to walk Y/n home, and then I'll be home. "

   " Alright, I'll see you at the house, Light. "

Mr. Yagami watched his son walk away from the taxi, with you walking beside him. Seeing Light walk with you down the street made him smile a little. He knew his son would grow up, and get a family of his own, and live his life, but seeing you and Light both walk down the street smiling and laughing, made him feel. . .overjoyed. He knew if anything were to happen, you would be there for Light, and Light would be there for you.