Physical Evidence Discovered

The sun shone down on you as the birds chirped in the clear skies. There were a lot of people walking on campus, and it seemed almost normal. You walked out of the humanities building with your bookbag hanging on your shoulder and your notebook resting in your hand. You sighed as you walked the campus, feeling tired.

   ' Maybe I should ask for a day off. Or some vacation time. Can I even ask for that, seeing as it's the Kira Investigation? I'm not sure about anything anymore, and I'm at my limit. I love working on this case, but it's lasting so long, and I'm losing a lot of sleep, and energy. I don't think I've gotten a good amount of rest since I became part of the task force. I always went to the meetings except for a few times until I met L. After meeting L, I worked after school with no breaks. I just need a good night's rest, with three meals a day, and then I'll be better. '

You yawned as you walked, and your eyes were feeling heavy.

   ' One day at a time. One day at a time. '

You yawned again, but you spotted someone after you yawned and wiped your tears away from yawning so much. He was sitting on a bench reading a book. The book was held between his thumb and forefinger while his eyes moved along the page he was reading. 

   " Ryuzaki, what are you doing out here? "

The detective looked up at you from the bench, and he held back a smile.

   " Hello, Y/n. I am waiting. "

   " For who--Light? "

   " Precisely. "

   " What are you planning? " You asked.

You sat beside Ryuzaki on the bench and set your bookbag beside you. Ryuzaki continued to read his book, but he talked to you simultaneously.

   " Something quite risky. Which reminds me, if I were to die, I've made Watari available to you for anything you need. You can also assume Light Yagami is Kira. "

   " Has it come to this? Where you have to put yourself at risk? "

   " It has. I've never been in a situation like this before. And I'm not sure of anything anymore. "

You understood how he felt, and you didn't know what to tell him. This was truly a one-of-a-kind situation. You leaned your head against him and felt your body slowly relax. Ryuzaki glanced down at you and moved his arm to rest on your shoulders. Your head rested against his side while his arm was around your shoulders, and his right hand rested on your right shoulder. 

   " I don't believe you'll die. "

   " How come? "

   " Something just tells me you're not gonna die today. I have too much faith in you. "

   "Hmm, Y/n, what are your plans once this investigation is over? "

   " Finish college I guess and go to work in the local police. It's not surprising I want to be a detective. But I'm gonna get some proper rest, and take care of myself first. This investigation has been fun and I loved being on it but I feel like I'm at my limit. "

   " That is understandable. You've worked long nights, and I can assume you haven't been eating due to Watari making you food almost every time you come to the hotel. You are not used to my life style. "

   " I'm just proud I got you to sleep for a full eight hours that one night. "

   " It was quite nice and relaxing. "

   " Good. I'm glad. "

You felt your eyes close, and you wanted to go to sleep against Ryuzaki, even if it was for a little bit.