Tennis with Sickness

I walked beside Ryuzaki through the campus and towards the tennis courts. You didn't feel very energized, but you still got up and went with Ryuzaki.

   " What made you want to invite Light to play tennis? " I asked.

   " I want to get closer to him. I have a plan, but I need to get closer to Light Yagami first. And I do know that Kira hates to lose. "

   " I've only ever seen you walk around and work in the investigation. You're quite thin so, are you sure you want to play Light? He's really good at tennis and won championships in school. "

   " I'll be fine. I was the British Junior Champion at one time. "

   " You're British? "

   " I lived in England for five years when I was younger, but that doesn't mean anything. "

   " Well, this will be exciting to see. You two will draw a crowd in. "

   " That's not the intention. "

   " But it's what is going to happen, whether you like it or not. There's Light at the court. "

I waved at LIght, and he waved back at me with a smile. Ryuzaki and I walked towards Light on the court, and Ryuzaki took his tennis racket out of the case and set it on the ground. Light took his out of its case and smiled at both Ryuzaki and me.

   " I have to admit I was surprised, Ryuga. I never thought you'd ask me to play tennis as a way to get to know each other. "

   " Is it a problem for you? "

   " Not at all. But when you first invited me to play, did you know how good I was? "

   " Yes, Y/n informed me. I'll be fine, though. It's been a while but at one time I was actually the British Junior Champion. "

   " You two better head onto the court before they all get taken up. " I said, taking a seat on the bench beside Light's racket case. 

   " Cheer for me, Y/n. " LIght said, walking away with Ryuzaki.

I only nodded as they both walked away. They continued to talk as they got on to the court in front of me. Light's back faced me while Ryuzaki's front faced me on the other side of the net. Ryuzaki was going to serve first. He bounced the ball a few times before throwing the ball up and hitting it. He hit the ball so hard that it landed right beside Light's foot, and then it hit the fence beside your head. You flinched to the side and, you couldn't see him, so did Ryuk. 

   " Fifteen, love. Sorry, Y/n. "

   " Please. . .I don't want to die by a tennis ball colliding with my head. " I said, looking at Ryuzaki.

   " Don't worry Y/n, I'll protect you from getting hit, or if I can't make it I'll try and divert the direction of the ball. " Light said, turning to look at me.

   ' That's my line. ' Ryuzaki thought, looking over at Light smiling at you.

   " Much appreciated. "

   " You sure don't mess around Ryuga. " Light said, turning to Ryuzaki.

   " He who strikes first, wins. " Ryuzaki said before the match continued. 

What you said earlier came true, and a crowd gathered outside of the tennis courts, and they even got a line judge and an umpire. The other courts emptied, and everyone was watching the game. They were at the final match, and they both played so competitively that it seemed like a professional match. They both struck with a force that was powerful and scared you. Light hit the tennis ball and ended the match; since Ryuzaki couldn't hit the ball back, even though he dived to hit the ball, it was too late. The hit Light made was powerful and quick.

   " Game and set! Won by Light Yagami. Six games to four! "

Everyone clapped while the two men came and put their rackets back in their bags. You congratulated them both, and together the three of you walked away from the courts. We walked through the cherry blossoms as we left the campus. You felt cold, and you shivered a little bit from a chill running up your spine.

   " Just as I expected, you beat me. "

   " It's been a while since I had to play that hard. I'm feeling kind of thirsty. Plus, there's something that I wanted to ask you about, Ryuga. Do you want to go somewhere with me for a drink? Y/n you can come with us and eat, I'm sure you're hungry since we played through lunch. "

You nodded your head and smiled at Light. You didn't want to verbally agree that you were hungry because your stomach was in knots. You were hungry, but at the same time, you felt like throwing up. With the cherry blossoms falling around you, it created a calm atmosphere, but your stomach hurt and became knotted while a headache formed.

   " You humored me with the tennis match. The least I can do is answer some of your questions. But before this conversation, goes any further, there's something I must tell you. " Ryuzaki said, looking up at Light.

   " What's that? "

   " I suspect that you, Light Yagami, are in fact Kira. Now, if you still want to ask me something then please, go ahead."

Light stopped walking, making you and Ryuzaki stop, turning to look back at him.

   " You think I'm Kira? "

   " Well, when I say I suspect you, it's only a one percent possibility. That aside, I don't mind telling you that once I'm sure you aren't Kira and I can verify that your deductive skills are as strong as I think they are, I'd like nothing more than to have you work with Y/n and me on this investigation. "

Ryuzaki started walking forward, and Light followed him, but you stayed back, suddenly feeling weak. They walked ahead of you while you stayed standing on the walkway. When Ryuzaki realized he didn't hear another pair of footsteps beside him or behind him, he knew you weren't following. Ryuzkai stopped and turned to look back at you, and Light followed his gaze. 

   " Y/n?  Are you alright? "

In truth, no, you were not. Your stomach still felt knotted up, a headache was playing on your head, and you felt weak to the point it was hard to even stand. You shook your head, afraid that you would throw up if you talked. Light walked closer towards you, with Ryuzaki coming behind him. Light put his hand on your forehead but felt nothing wrong.

   " You don't have a fever. "

   " B-But it feels so cold. " You stuttered, wrapping your arms around yourself.

Both gentlemen noticed the goosebumps on your skin, and they knew you weren't kidding when you said you were cold. Light took off his jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders; even though it was a fairly warm day, but you still felt cold. 

   " Maybe we should raincheck on getting that drink Ryuzaki. " Light said.

   " No, you both go. I'm going to go home and lay down. " You said, hugging Light's coat around yourself.

   " Go to my place, Y/n. Mom will take care of you and you can rest in my room. Until I get back. " Light said, putting an arm around your shoulder.

   " There's no need, she can go back to-"

Light interrupted RYuzaki by hailing a cab over and opening the door for you. You sat in the cab, and Light told the driver his address, and the cab went off taking you to the Yagami household.

   " Nevermind then. " Ryuzaki said.