The Entrance Exams

When it was morning, you got out of bed and a relaxing shower before changing into some comfortable clothes. You got ready for the day and made sure that you were relaxed and comfortable. Before leaving your room, you grabbed a few pencils if one would break or didn't have enough led. Then, you walked out of the room and into the living room. Ryuzaki was sipping a cup of coffee as he was starring at the table, no doubt thinking about what he planned to do today.

   " Ready? " You asked him.

   " Yes, let's be on our way. "

Ryuzaki stood up, and you were stunned by what he was wearing. He wore the same shirt and jeans, but on his feet were socks and shoes. Ryuzaki raised an eyebrow at you, but you just shook your head and continued to walk with him towards the door. Watari drove you both to the place the exam was to happen, and you entered the building. There were a lot of students in the exam hall, but none of them were Light. 

   " Good luck. " Ryuzaki said to you before walking towards his seat. 

You didn't say anything and looked at the number the man at the entrance gave you. You would have to sit where they told you and wait for the exam to start. You walked past the rows of desks and chairs and sat down at your spot with the number placed in front of you. You waited for the exam to start, and you stared at the wall remembering all of your notes about what would be on the exam. While you reviewed the notes in your head, your eyes caught a man walking into the exam room. His eyes connected to yours, and you felt a little sad. You raised your hand a little and waved to him, showing him a small smile.

   ' She's here. ' Light thought in his head as he continued to look at you.

Light raised his hand and waved at you back. He showed you a small smile before walking to his seat. You noticed that his seat was a few rows in front of Ryuzaki.

   ' That's convenient. '

The bell rang, signaling that the test would start. The man at the front looked at his watch before looking up at all of the students.

   " And, begin! "

You opened the booklet and started looking through the questions. Quickly you filled them out, not thinking about second-guessing. Second-guessing wasn't something you could afford to do right now. Usually, the first answer you put is correct, and you went with that logic, deciding to look back at your answers when everything was filled out. Once you had closed your test booklet, you took a breath and relaxed against your chair. 

   " You there, student number one-six-two. Sit properly in your chair. "

You looked up to see how the teacher was talking about. Your eyes looked towards where the teacher was walking, and you insulted yourself in your head for wondering who it could be.

   ' Of course, it was Ryuzaki. '

The teacher walked away, but Ryuzaki didn't do what the teacher asked of him and stayed in his position. But you also noticed how Light turned his head, and they looked at each other for a split second before Light turned back around.

   ' He now has Light's attention. '

After the first exam, everyone took a breath before continuing the process. Once all of the exams were over, you stretched your arms above your head and stood from your seat. You walked down the isles and out of the door. You didn't want to stay inside the room and instead wanted to get some fresh air outside the building. When you got outside, you took a deep breath of air, feeling accomplished.

   ' I'm glad that's finally over. '

You sat down on a bench and waited for Ryuzaki to leave the building while you enjoyed the light breeze and warm sun. As you looked towards the sky, you could see someone approaching you from the corner of your eyes. You looked down and saw Light approaching you. His hands were in his pockets, and his face had a slight smile on his lips. 

   " I'm glad to see you're doing okay. "

You didn't know what to say to him. Ryuzaki had told you at the start of the detainment plan that you wouldn't be able to have any contact with anyone but the task force. Now Light was standing in front of you. You only nodded and looked back at the ground. 

   " Can't talk to me? "

You just shrugged your shoulders again and kept your eyes on the ground.

   " That's fine. "

Light sat down beside you and pulled you into a hug. His arms wrapped around your shoulders and pushed you against him as he set his chin on your shoulder.

   " I'm just glad to see you're okay. "

The hug felt warm and comforting. You hugged him back, and he tightened his grip slightly. After you both pulled away, did Light's eyes shine in joy at seeing you.

   " How do you feel about the entrance exam? "

You raised your thumb and smiled at him. 

   " It was pretty easy. But of course, that's just because I'm a worry wart and study too much huh? " Light asked you.

You nodded immediately, but when you looked past Light, Ryuzaki was standing at a limo. He waved at you to come to the car, and he got inside. You sighed and stood up from the bench. You pointed to your wrist where a watch usually sits, and Light knew what you meant.

   " I'll see you then, when we're both in university. Hopefully they won't keep you detained then. "

You nodded and ran away from Light and towards the limo that Ryuzaki had stepped into. You opened the door and sat down beside Ryuzaki.

   " I thought we agreed no interaction. "

   " I didn't say anything to him technically. "

   " I guess we might not need to contain you anymore since you're going to To-Oh. But you must still stay with me in the suite so it'll be more convenient. "

   " Fine with me. "

And there, it was decided that you wouldn't be contained anymore after getting accepted to To-Oh University. But you knew Ryuzaki would still want to keep an eye on you in case anything did happen.