Forehead Kiss

You sat beside Light and ate his mother's food while listening to Sayu talk about an actor.

   " Hideki Ryuga. I swear he's perfect. How come no one in my class is like that? "

   " Sayu, just eat your dinner. "

   " I'll eat later! "

   " So, Y/n how are your studies? "

   " They're fine. I'm climbing the chain in the class ranking slowly. I think I'm five now? "

   " That's good! What about your parents? How are they? "

   " They're not so good, Mrs. Yagami. My mom is actually in the hospital right now, due to a disease she caught and my father's age is catching up to him. "

   " Oh, I'm so sorry dear. "

   " Thank you, Mrs. Yagami. "

   " Huh? What's this? The ICPO? They're saying that, 'In response to the Kira murders, Interpol has decided to dispatch a force of 1500 investigators to Japan. The investigators were drawn from the law enforcement agencies of its member nations.' FIfteen hundred investigators? Woah. . . "

   ' What is Ruyuzaki playing at with that message? He clearly asked for it to be done since it's about the Kira investigation. Hmm, this was most likely his plan that we discussed on the first night meeting him. He's trying to make Kira feel cornered and do something drastic that might reveal who he is. Really there are only seven of us. Including Watari eight. '

   " The ICPO sure is stupid. " Light said.

   " Huh? "

   " I mean there's no point in making this announcement. If they're going to send all these people here to investigate shouldn't they keep it a secret? Even the FBI agents who were secretly investigating were killed by Kira. Why would this be any different? If you ask me, this is nothing more than a desperate attempt to shock KIra, in the hopes that he'll reveal himself somehow. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kira sees right through this. "

   " Light, I wish you wouldn't talk about those things at the table. Your father is already involved I don't want to hear you speaking more of it. "

   " Sorry, mom. But it's the truth. "

You didn't say anything and finished up your meal. Finally, you stood up from the table and walked to the door, and slipped your shoes on. 

   " I'll be leaving now. Thank you for the meal, Mrs. Yagami. "

   " Come by more often dear. It was lovely to see you. "

Light stood up from the table and walked to the door, and he slipped his shoes on. 

   " I said I would walk you home. "

   " I never said anything against it. "

You walked out of the house, and Light followed you. It was dark out, and the stars were shining brightly in the night sky. You and Light calmly walked talking, and when you got to your apartment, Light stood at your door, showing you a small smile. 

   " Thanks for walking me home Light. I appreciate it. "

   " Not a problem. I'll walk you home whenever you'd like. "

   " Thanks. Now, go home and finish your dinner. You didn't finish it, when I started putting my shoes on. "

   " You're more important. "

   " That's sweet. Have a goodnight Light. "

You started to shut the door, but Light pushed on the door gently with his hand and opened the door. 

   " Yes? " You asked.

Light caressed your cheeks and kissed your forehead with a light blush under his eyes. He pulled away and stepped back into the hallway.

   " Goodnight Y/n. "

You could only nod and shut your door. You covered your face with your hands feeling the color heat up your face. 

   " He needs to stop that. " You said dragging out the 'o'.

Your phone started to vibrate, and you answered it while walking to the couch.

   " Hello? "

   " Y/n, how are you feeling? "

   " Ryuzaki? I'm feeling fine. Why? "

   " Y/n, I have reason to believe your life is in danger. "

Your ears perked up, and you felt your shoulders stiffen.

   " Why?"

   " I will explain more, on the matter later. Right now are you feeling any pain in your heart? Like you're going to have a heart attack? "

   " No, I feel perfectly fine. "

   " Good. Tomorrow come and visit me and I will explain. "

   " Okay, I was going to come into work anyway tomorrow. "

   " I'm afraid I did not explain the correct time. I wish for you to come by early tomorrow before the meeting. "

   " How early? "

   " Eleven. "

   " I would have to skip school, Ryuzaki. I can't afford to skip since the entrance exams are in five days. "

   " I understand, Y/n. But I will inform the school that you will not be attending and I need you to come in tomorrow so we can discuss important information. "

   " Information that can't be discussed at the meeting? "

   " Information that will only be discussed and shared between you and I. "