Feeling Tired and Stressed

You walked out of the school with your backpack feeling heavy on your shoulders. You wanted to go home and lay on your bed and sleep. But going into the investigation tonight wouldn't do anything for you. And you knew that your health was slowly getting worse.

   ' I need to take the day and just relax. I don't want to worry about Kira or look through any more files. I'm sure they'll let me off for the day since I'm still a student. '

   " Hey, Y/n. How are you doing? "

You turned to your side and saw Light walking closer to you until he walked beside you. You both continued walking until you reached the gates. You and LIght stood to the side of the gates and talked.

   " I'm okay. Just tired and worn out. "

   " Work, I'm assuming? "

   " Yeah, I'm really tired and I don't want to go in today. "

   " Well, that's what happens when you get a job, Y/n. "

   " Yeah, but I wasn't expecting any of this to happen? "

   " This? "

   " Getting so tired. I think I've fallen asleep in two classes today. "

   " You need more than just one day off. I wanted to ask do you want to come and have dinner? You haven't been over in a while and I doubt you're eating right. "

   " Sure. Let me go home and change and I'll meet you at your place. "

Light nodded and waved to you as you both turned in opposite directions and started walking away from the school. You walked down the streets passing by people who got out of work. The streets were busy, and it made you want to get inside your apartment quicker. You spotted your apartment building and walked inside. You greeted the woman at the front desk and went straight towards the elevator. You entered your apartment when you reached your floor, and you took off your shoes. You dropped your backpack off your shoulders and walked into the bedroom. You sat on the bed for a minute before laying on your back. 

   ' I just wanna sleep and never wake up. '

Slowly you sat up and started going through clothes to find something comfortable to wear. When you found what you wanted to wear, you went into the bathroom and changed out of the school uniform. When you stepped out of the bathroom, your phone started to vibrate, and you picked up the phone, answering the call.

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, Y/n change of plans. I'm going to come get you. "

   " Why the sudden change? "

   " I needed to run and get something from the store so I'm still outside. If you're ready I'll walk you. "

   " Sure. You know what floor? "

   " Yeah. I've been over to your apartment before. "

   " Just making sure. I'll see you when you get here. "

You hung up the phone and walked to the door, and slipped your shoes on. You checked to make sure everything was fine and sat on the couch waiting for Light. You didn't turn the TV on, and you started to think about possible theories.

   ' Light is a suspect to both Ryuzaki and me. But I'm still a little biased. I don't want to think my best friend is a killer. Who would? Plus Light still has such amazing grades and a bright future set out for him. I know I said in the beginning that Kira would have to have a high GPA and excellent grades, but. . .that day. . .I basically described Light almost. Light's never shown signs of being a killer, and if he is Kira then how is he killing people? He has a school for seven hours a day along with two hours for night classes and he at least gets eight hours of sleep. That's seventeen hours in total. So what is Light doing the other seven hours of the day? '

You continued to think while Light was making his way to your apartment. He was thinking about the wiretaps and cameras that Ryuk found. With those cameras and wiretaps; he wouldn't be able to do what he usually would. And Ryuk wouldn't be getting any apples soon.

   " So, Light, I have a question. " Ryuk asked.

   " What is it Ryuk? "

   " I know you like this girl, but wouldn't she be more of a problem? "

   " No, actually she might be part of a solution. If she does see me as suspicious it's going to cause some inner turmoil and her mind will be looking for answers. She won't be able to find the Death Note but It will give me another chance to show her I'm innocent. "

   " You're really working hard to get her on your side, huh? "

   " I'd rather she be on my side than L's. "

   " Ha! Afraid that smart detective will steal her from you? " Ryuk asked, chuckling.

   " She's not an object Ryuk. Don't refer to her as one, that's disrespectful to people. "

   " Hmmm, but you didn't answer my question. "

   " No, Ryuk. I'm not worried about L and Y/n's relationship one bit. With a killer on the loose L's focus will be on Kira. "

   " So, what you're saying is that you are the only one distracted. "

   " I'm not getting distracted, I'm just planning on taking away one of his best pawns. "