Going Back to Work

Two Weeks Later

The moon started to rise in the sky, and you were sitting in your apartment, eating dinner. It had been two weeks since you were with the task force, and you were feeling better. Your mind was clear, and you could think rationally again. However, the one thing that troubled you was the situation Light had unintentionally put you in. The dilemma that you must solve.

   ' Whose side do I go to? '

You made a pros and cons list in your head, but in the end, it meant nothing to you because no matter whose side you picked, your other half would retaliate. L would seem to be the logical option, but Light was the emotional option you would choose. You didn't know who to go to. Criminals were broadcasted on the television, and they were killed days later, meaning that Light's plan had worked. A ring tone interrupted your thoughts, and you looked at the cellphone Ryuzaki would call you from. 

   " Hello? " You asked, answering the phone.

   " Hello, Y/n. How are you feeling today? "

   " Fine. How's the detainment going? "

   " Their containment is over. Light Yagami, Misa Amane, and Soichiro Yagami have been released after a final test. Amane will remain with the Task Force to continue working on the investigation with us. Until she gives us a confession we have no option but to keep her with us. Light will be returning to the Task Force tonight with Misa Amane and Soichiro Yagami. We will be discussing what will be coming in the future. "

   " And you want me to come back tonight to be there for the briefing? "

   " Correct, but only if you feel okay to rejoin the Task Force. "

   ' Even with what happened with Light, I still need to be there for Ryuzaki, and help find the person LIght gave the Death Note to. Maybe I can stop this once and for all. '

   " I will rejoin the Task Force if you will have me. "

   " I am pleased to hear this. Watari is outside of your apartment building waiting for you. "

   " You knew I would agree? "

   " Naturally. "

   " Alright, I'll see you in a few minutes. "

   " Bye. "

You hung up the phone and left your warm spot on the couch. You grabbed your cell phone and slipped the other phone into your back pocket. You slipped your shoes on and traveled to the lobby. Once you entered the lobby, Watari was in your line of sight. A smile appeared on your face, and you felt happy to see the old man. 

   " Hi, Watari. " You said, walking up to him.

   " Hello, Ms. Y/n. Let us be on our way. "

   " Agreed. "

You followed Watari to the car, and he started driving towards the hotel, where everyone would be gathered. 

   " How was your break, Ms. Y/n? "

   " It was great. I ate properly and got a decent amount of sleep. I was even able to wind down and relax. "

   " That's good to hear. I am glad to see you back at your best. "

   " Thank you Watari. "

The ride to the hotel was filled with deep conversation between you and Watari. Once at the hotel, Watari escorted you to the room, where the rest of the Task Force and Misa would be waiting. Upon entry, you could hear Misa talking.