The Last Component

The plan was going to initiate today. Misa's shoot was supposed to be over soon, and you were eager for her phone call. You were anxious, and you sat at your desk in your bedroom, waiting. You were also writing on your laptop. You continued your notes about Higuchi and included everything Rem had said. When your phone started to ring, you jumped a little. You answered the call and set your phone against your ear.

   " Hello? Misa? "

   " Y/n, Higuchi is right outside waiting for me. "

   " So you were able to get away from Mogi. Great! Remember be careful. "

   " I will! Just trust me, Y/n! "

   " I do Misa. Go meet him but remember to pretend to not have your phone open and listen. "

   " Got it. "

You heard shuffling, and you assumed Misa was putting her phone in her pocket. The shuffling noises continued until you heard her speak to someone.

   " What an amazing car! "

   " If you like it, I'll give you a ride anytime or buy you one of your own. By the way, I'm loving the murse's outfit, Misa. "

You could feel yourself shiver from the perverted comment. You hated that this mission included Misa, getting close to Higuchi, but you both understood it needed to be done. 

   ' This guy. . .He's so creepy. '

You understood that you needed to be quiet and that no noise could occur in your room. Because Higuchi had a chance to hear it or hear people talking, you told Ryuzaki and Light that you were going to bed early, and you locked your suite door and your bedroom door. Being Quiet was crucial.

   " I'm glad you like it. " Misa giggled.

You heard the opening and closing of a car door, assuming Misa got in the car. You listened to the engine roar as they drove off.

   ' Mogi will find out in a few seconds that Misa has gone missing, and he's going to alert the others. Misa perfected the timing, and she got out of there in just the right amount of time. Now, she just needs to be very careful about being with Higuchi. '

   " Hey, Misa? "

You perked up at hearing Higuchi talk, and you left your thoughts to listen to his words.

   " Huh? "

   " How about we grab a bite to eat? "

   " Are you planning to take me somewhere and do pervy things to me? " Misa asked, sighing.

   " Well, even if you are, that's okay. " She continued.

   ' Alright, we did not discuss this, but I'm going to have to trust her. '

   " I'll be fine, since I can kill people. "

   " Come on, you're just kidding with me, aren't you, Misa? You can kill people? " Higuchi said with a laugh.

   " Yup, it's true. And you know why? Because I'm the Second Kira. "

Your full attention was on the phone, and you were ready to listen and type down everything he said. While they spoke, you typed down their lines to keep track of the conversation. A rough laugh left Higuchi's throat, and he responded,

   " Misa. . .You don't have to make up stuff like that to feel safe with me. I'm sure you'll find that I'm quite the gentleman. "

   " Yeah, maybe. Anyway, I'll only prove that I'm the Second Kira to the real Kira. "