The Original Light Yagami

So, the Yotsuba Group's main office is in Tokyo. Great to know they're not too far. I think Misa has her film shoot near there today. 

   " Light, is Misa's shoot today near the Yotsuba Group's main office? "

Light looked up from his laptop and turned towards you.

   " Yeah. "

Light scooted his chair close to you and pulled a map up on your laptop. He pointed on the screen and said,

   " This is where her shoot is at. "

He trailed his finger North West a little ways from Misa's shoot.

   " And this is their main office building. "

   " Huh. That's not good. . ."

   " Why? Is there something wrong? "

   " I'm worried for Matsuda. He hasn't been the best lately, and I'm afraid he might spring in action and go to Yotsuba. He might cause some trouble. "

   " Don't worry, Y/n. I'm sure he'll be fine. He has to watch over Misa and he wouldn't leave his post there. "

   " Thanks Light. "

Light nodded, but you noticed he looked troubled. His eyes were blank, and he seemed to get lost in his thoughts quickly after talking with you. Light leaned on his hand and stared at the wall, starting to get lost in thought. His brown eyes were focused on the wall, and his mind was far away.

   " Light? "

He didn't respond. His eyes were still concentrated on the wall. You placed your hand on his arm, and he moved his head off of his hand.

   " I'm sorry. Did you say something? "

   " Are you alright? "

   " I'm lost in thought, nothing else. "

   " Light, I've known you for years, tell me what is wrong. "

Light had been acting weird since the start of the day. And now, he was still acting distressed and lost. 

   " I'm just thinking what I would do, or could have done. Would I punish evil doers and criminals if I could kill by just seeing a name and a face? Would I do that if I had that sort of power? "

   " Light. . ."

   " I know there are some people that the world could frankly do without, but I don't think I'd become a murderer just to change the world. I know I'm thinking too hard about it, and I don't know how I could even kill so many people and not have any memory of it. "

   ' But you did, and you don't have the memory. '

You set your lands in your lap and started to think about what you could say to calm him, or at least get him to stop thinking about it. You moved your hand from his arm to his shoulder.

   " I think you shouldn't worry about it. "

   ' It's clear he had a drastic change when he started using the Death Note, and now he's back to his normal self. '

   " I'm sure, if it happened you weren't in the right mind. "

   " I'd have to be insane to kill so many people. I would say I'm out of my mind if I did all of that. "

   " Point is, you're yourself now, and that's all that matters. So, don't think to deeply about this anymore, okay? "

Light nodded, and his slight frown went away and was replaced with a tiny smile.