A Plan

" Y/n, there's another message from the Second Kira. It was sent to Sakura TV and we intercepted it. I'm told it's a video and a journal this time. Anyway, I figured I should tell you. "

   " Thanks, Mr. Yagami. I'll head over right away. "

   " Goodbye. "

You closed your phone and set it in your pocket. You stood up from your seat on the couch and walked towards your front door to put your shoes on and leave. After classes, you had gone home, worked on homework, and you were watching a TV show as you prepared dinner. Now, the dinner was going to grow cold, as you left it on the table and abandoned your apartment. You left your apartment building and started to walk towards the new hotel that Ryuzaki was staying at. The walk was long, and the sun was setting by the time you got there. You saw Light getting in the elevator as you entered the building, and you shouted to him.

   " Light, hold the elevator! "

Light noticed you and held the elevator doors from shutting. You got into the elevator, and the doors closed, leaving the two of you alone.

   " Thanks. I'm guessing your dad called you about the journal and video? "

   " He did. What do you think will be on the tape? "

   " I'm predicting the Second Kira was getting tired of waiting for the original to respond so they created a plan, a way for them to meet. "

   " You don't think the Second Kira would threaten to kill others because he's become impatient? "

   " No, I don't think he would do that. He's devoted to the original, and they said they would listen to the original after we released our tape. I think he's desperate but not to the point he would defy his god. "

   " 'his god'? "

   " Yeah, the second one obviously sees Kira, the original, as a god. Hence why he's so devoted. "

Your stomach growled, interrupting your conversation with Light, and he heard it. The elevator doors opened, and you stepped out with Light beside you.

   " Have you not eaten yet? "

   " Well, I had dinner, but your dad called me before I could eat. And whenever it's something concerning the investigation, there's no time to wait. "

   " Let's go get some dinner after this, I haven't eaten yet either. "

   " Sure. "

Light opened Ryuzkai's suite door and let you step inside first. You thanked him and walked further into the room. Everything was in black and white color, and the room looked expensive.

   " He wanted the journal shown on TV? " 

You shook your head at the question Light asked his father and walked towards the rest of the group. Mr. Yagami handed LIght a piece of paper, and you stood beside LIght to read what was on the paper. The entries were from 2006, which was odd.

   " Please take a look at the entry he made on the 30th. "

Together you read what was written on the thirtieth.

   " 'Confirmed our Shinigami at the Tokyo Dome.' The second Kira planned this out since last year. This is everything they wanted to do, this year, but they wrote it in 2006. " You said 

You didn't take notice of the twenty-second entry about the notebooks being shown in Aoyama, but Light noticed. Light knew that this message was meant for him, and he would be the only one to understand it.