The Girl Team

You typed away on your computer researching Higuchi. Ryuzaki had a cup of coffee while Light sat starring at his computer.

   ' I have a good rough draft of him, but I need to know more. '

You looked at your notes and started reading through what you wrote. 

Name: Kyosuke Higuchi

Birth Date: June 6, 1972

Age: 32

Yotsuba Position: Head of the Technology Department

Personal Notes: Higuchi has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He seems to always be in a black suit and wants Misa to be his wife. In group meetings with Yotsuba, he does not talk much, but his words hold some weight when he does. He creeps me out a bit.

   " Misa-Misa sure is late. " Matsuda said.

You added a picture of Higuchi you found on the internet and turned towards Matsuda. You were about to mention how Mogi was the one driving her and how he drives a little slower than the others, but before you could, the doors to the elevator opened, revealing Mogi and Misa.

   " They're back! " Matsuda cheered.

   " Hey! " Misa said, popping out from behind Mogi.

   " I'm exhausted. "

Misa walked towards Light and sat down in his Light, closing her eyes. Light looked uncomfortable, and he was about to ask her to get off.

   " Hey. . ."

   " How did it go? " Ryuzaki asked, looking at Misa now.

   " Yotsuba agreed to hire Misa on as their spokesperson for their ad campaign. " Mogi said, like a robot.

   " I see. That's good to hear. "

   " And I made sure to give them my cell phone number. Would you believe three out of seven guys already messaged me asking for private dates? " Misa said, showing Light her phone.

   " Creepy. . ." You mumbled.

    " Agreed. " Ryuzaki said, whispering under his breath. 

   " So now I accept their invitations and investigate them, right? Oh, it's going exactly as I planned! "

   ' You planned? '

   " No, the plan's getting canceled right now. " Light said.

   " Huh? But why? Everything's been going so smoothly up until now. "

   " If we go any further, you'll be in danger. "

Light gently pushed her off of his lap, and she stood up. She faced him, and Light continued his explanation.

   " You can still appear in their commercials but from now on, you should deny that you were suspected of being the Second Kira and was detained by L. Mogi will continue being your bodyguard but you'll be working solely as a celebrity. "

Misa looked, ready to argue, but she sighed and stood straight.

   " If that's what you want, Light, then that's what I'll do. 

Ryuzaki was no longer looking at Light and Misa. Instead, he was now starring at the laptop in front of him. But after Misa's apprehensive response, he hummed and turned his head to look at her.

   " Oh well, I'm feeling pretty tired. Tomorrow's shoot is bright and early, so I better get some sleep. "

One look at Misa's expression, and you felt relaxed. Your plan was starting to go into effect. Today, Rem would have revealed herself to Misa, and now, Misa was going to execute her plan to make herself useful to Light. With the help of Rem, she thinks she'll be able to help him, which is why you knew once Rem revealed herself to Misa that Misa would do this. You turned back to your laptop to keep working, but Misa's giggles distracted you along with her next set of sentences.