The Points Make it Clear

While Ryuzaki looked over the rest of the security footage of the Yagami household, you were sitting in the living room with Matsuda and Mogi. They were looking through files while you were working on your schoolwork. True to their word, Watari brought work from school for you to work on instead of going to class. At the end of the day, Watari would take the work back.

   " So, he's really confined you to this apartment? " Matsuda asked.

   " Yeah, and I can't leave unless I'm going to take my entrance exam. Until he believes that I am safe will he let me go back to my apartment. "

   " And you can't have contact with anyone? "

   " Only you all. "

   " Sorry, kid. " Mogi said, looking up at you from a file. 

You just shrugged your shoulders and continued to work.  Aizawa entered the room later, and Ryuzaki entered with Mr. Yagami not far behind him. You set down your school work and prepared to listen to their thoughts.

   " In the past few days, I've listened to all of our audio recordings and reviewed the video footage we captured. I've gone over them many times. " Ryuzaki said, sitting on the single-sitting couch. 

Watari walked in with a  cart of food and a tea set. He set the tea on the table and filled a cup for everyone, and then he put the desserts and candies on the table. Ryuzaki immediately went for a piece of chocolate that had a caramel center.

   " And I've come to a conclusion. Our surveillance of the Kitamura and Yagami households has revealed. . .nothing. We will remove the cameras and wiretaps. "

   " All that and we still don't have any suspects. " Matsuda said, looking at the table. 

   " It's okay, Matsuda. We'll have to pursue other leads but we'll get them. "

   " Please, don't get the wrong idea. I only said that we were unable to reveal anything suspicious based on our surveillance. " Ryuzaki said, interrupting Mr. Yagami's hopeful tone.

   " What? "

   " Even if Kira was among them, I'm sure he wouldn't make it obvious. No, in fact, it could mean he was able to continue killing without doing anything outwardly suspicious. "

   " Well, then you believe that Kira is among one of those families? " Mr. Yagamia sked.

   " As I've said, there's a five percent chance. "

No one else spoke up, and it seemed that Ryuzaki went deep into his thoughts. So  I started going deep into mine and figuring out something that could pinpoint who Kira was. 

   ' We've made many points, and even suspected that he was a student. So out of these households which one has a child in school? Along with that they would have to be a mature age to understand what they are doing. If they weren't then they would be killing bullies in school, along with anyone who was mean to them, not just criminals. '

You set your binders down and stood up from your spot on the couch. 

   " I'll be back. "

   ' Tomorrow's the entrance exam too, I shouldn't be wondering who Kira is. I should be focused on the test. '

You walked through the door going into your room, and walked to your bed. You sat on the side that faced the big window facing the city outside. You pulled your laptop from its charger and set the cold laptop on your lap. You pulled up your notes and started surfing through them. 

   ' It all points towards one person doing this, that much is clear. We know they're her in the Kento region, they are a student, and there's a five percent chance he is in the Yagami or Kitamura households. Ryuzaki's starting to figure it out at the same time I am. He already suspects Light, and now that the surveillance has shown nothing, we are retracing our steps and looking back on the points. '

   " Once you connect all of the points it can only lead to Light Yagami unless something has changed. The Kitamura household is a possible, but LIght is in the prime range of everything. "

   " We are on the same wave length. "

You turned around and faced Ryuzaki. He was standing in your doorway, looking at you. 

   " I didn't hear you come in. "

   " There are no shoes on my feet to make noise. "

Ryuzaki walked further into the room, and he climbed on your bed and sat beside you in his crouched position. You sighed and looked back out of the window at the city.

   " So, you think it's Light Yagami? "

   " As you've said, all of the points line up to him. Of course, most of it is an estimation and guessing but they still point to him. Light Yagami is in the prime range. "

   " Have you told Mr. Yagami? "

   " No, I know he would be furious with me and demand for us to look further into the details, but that would only direct us away from the main source of the investigation. "

   " So, what are you planning to do? "

Ryuzaki was quiet for a moment. He placed his thumb on his lips, and he was back to his deep thoughts. Eventually, he responded to your question.

   " I'm going to help you study for your entrance exam tomorrow. And then we will go and take the exam. "

   " You want to do something drastic to get a reaction out of Light? I thought you didn't want to reveal your face. "

   " I don't, if there was any other option I would rather choose that than the latter. But right now, we're piecing scraps together instead of getting to the real points. We know the areas of who Kira could be, but we have not taken action. If we continue like this then we will never figure out who it is. "

   " How do you know Light will look towards you and become suspicious. "

   " Don't worry about the matter. Give me your notes and we will look over them. "

   " You don't even need to study. "

   " But, you do. "

You rolled your eyes and grabbed your binder from the floor, and handed it to Ryuzaki. He took the binder and opened it looking through your notes.

   " To give you more incentive, I'll give you a piece of candy for getting five questions right. " He said, holding up a piece of candy that was on the table earlier.

You only nodded and started studying with the detective, eating the candy he would give you after getting the questions right.