Losing and Gaining

Two Months Later

   " And I found it! Finally! " You cheered.

A smile carved its way to your face as you stood up from your chair and stretched your arms.

   " Finally, the connection has been seen and I've located where the current Kira is located. "

   " What!? " Light yelled.

   " Please explain. " Ryuzaki said, looking at your monitor.

   " Of course. "

You turned toward the big screen in front of everyone and put everything on your small screen on the bigger one. Your notes were open for everyone to see. Ryuzaki and Light were the only people in the room at the moment; you started to explain to them your theory.

   " After the two weeks' worth of criminals, this new Kira has been targeting prominent businesses, specifically killing businessmen. So, I looked at how the companies were doing after two months, and I saw that all of the businesses in the region have low success rates, because their CEO or head has died, from a heart attack. The only one who has remained prominent is the Yotsuba group. So, Kira must be within the Yotsuba group and killing off competition to make Yotsuba grow and become more popular for profit. "

Everyone looked at your statistics and research, reading through it carefully. You sat back down in your seat, taking a breath.

   " If what you're saying is true, then killing criminals is a diversion for him. " Ryuzaki responded.

   " Exactly, that's why he killed two weeks' worth during the time we were having people contained, but now he's doing it for the benefit of his company. " 

   " Great work, Y/n! This is amazing. "

Light placed his hand on the top of your head and ruffled your hair, but you took his hand off of your head and held it between your hands so he wouldn't mess up your hair again. 

   " Thanks, Lightbulb. It wasn't too hard to look into who was killed these past couple of weeks. And then I waited until today to check the statistics of all the businesses around the region, so I could see who was prominent over the rest. IT took some time, but we have our first step of finding Kira. "

   " Does this at least make you a little more motivated, Ryuzaki? " Light asked the detective who was looking up at the screen.

    " Hmm, I guess it does. Y/n, can you print these off, and get multiple copies? "

   " I can. I'll go do that now. "

You started to print your files and walked over to the printer. After the printer had finished printing, you held the warm papers in your hands and set them down on the table in front of a couch at one part of the room. When you sat back down, Matsuda and Aizawa joined you in the room. Light told them about your deduction, and they started to read through the papers.

   " Hm? "

   " Oh? "

   " Hey, Chief! Oh, you too, Mogi! I've got some great news. " Matsuda said, looking towards them.

You stopped your work and turned around in your chair to face Mogi and Mr. Yagami.

   " This is amazing! I'm not even sure how she figured it out, but Y/n has a theory that Kira is somehow involved with the Yotsuba Group. Can you believe it? "

   " Yotsuba? "

   " Oh. . .yes. "

   " That's probably it. Good work. "