Kira Investigation: Closed

You were anxious. You didn't like playing the waiting game, but you were forced to as you waited for Light, and L. Misa was still chained up in the rolling chair, and she found entertainment in rolling herself towards one wall and then rolling towards the other. Your eyes were on the cameras above you on the monitors. When Higuchi's car crashed, and the notebook was apprehended, you couldn't stop your worry from crawling up your back. 

   ' We have the notebook now, but Ryuzaki needs to keep it away from Light. Light is going to try and get the notebook from Ryuzaki to see Rem, but I'm hoping Ryuzaki can keep it from him. He is piloting the helicopter, so Light has a chance. '

Watari's signature, 'W,' appeared on the screen, and he started speaking.

   " Y/n, Ryuzaki has landed the helicopter on the rooftop with Light Yagami and myself. We will be done in a moment. "

   " Thank you, Watari. "

The screen disappeared, and you sat down on one of the chairs. You leaned your head down on the table, hoping they would get to you sooner.

   " So, what was Light's plan? " Misa asked.

   " He was going to get someone else, Higuchi, to get apprehended and then get his memories back. But he wanted you to give up your memories of the death note again. "

   " Why? Am I not useful to him, by remembering? "

   " You are, but he doesn't want anything to happen to you, and he doesn't want you involved anymore. He wants to do all of the work on his own, and he doesn't want you to be involved again, because he doesn't want anything to happen to you. "

   " Aww, that's so sweet. "

   " Yeah, you're lucky, Misa. "

   " So, I just have to tell Rem I give up my memories? "

   " I think so. With the Death Note in our possessions Light will get his memories back in no time. "

You didn't hear anything more from Misa and concluded she nodded at your statement. When the elevator doors opened, you raised your head and looked towards the doors, seeing Ryuzaki enter with the notebook in his fingers with Light beside him. Watari stayed in the elevator and traveled upward.

   " Come on, Ryuzaki. Why can I not see it? I have to know what's inside of it. "

   ' So Light hasn't touched it. ' You thought.

You felt relieved and stood from your chair. You walked towards them, and Ryuzaki's eyes connected with you. He nodded at you, and you let out a deep breath you didn't know you were holding. You leaned your head forward, and your forehead rested against his chest. Ryuzaki took the notebook and put it between his forefinger and thumb on his left hand. He raised his right hand and placed it on the top of your head.

   " It's been done. He has not touched the notebook. " He whispered.

   " Good. "

Ryuzaki rubbed his hand through your hair, and it was calming. After some time, you leaned your forehead away from his chest, but he kept his hand on your head. He patted your head a few times before letting go. Misa yelled for Ryuzaki to unchain her, and he sighed, walking towards Misa. Light was the next to greet you, and he smiled at you.

   " Higuchi's been apprehended, and taken away. "

   " Good, now that it's over, I think I can rest a little easier. " You said to Light.

   " I agree. I can't wait for this to officially be over once we find out what to do about the Death Note, but Ryuzaki won't let me touch it. "

   " Maybe that's for the best. I mean you were in control of it before, assumingly, and so was Misa, so I think he's just being cautious. He didn't let me touch it earlier. "