Ending: Light Yagami

You paused the show you were watching and picked up your phone that was ringing. You answered the call and leaned against your couch. 

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, Y/n. How's the new apartment treating you? "

   " Well, lightbulb, it's very nice. I picked a good apartment. How is yours? "

   " It's great. I enjoy living on my own, and not with my parents or the Task Force. "

   " Understanable. What are your plans for today? "

   " That's why I was calling you. Would you want to come out with me? I'm going to a few stores to buy some presents for Sayu, and you could help me pick out stuff, and we could get lunch. "

   " Sure, where are you? "

   " I'm actually about to pass your building. "

   " I'll meet you down there. "

   " Okay, bye. "

   " Bye. "

You hung up and stood up from your couch. You stretched your arms and walked to your room to grab your wallet. You put your shoes on at the door and left your apartment to meet Light in the lobby.

   ' It feels like yesterday the case closed. '

The Kira Case had closed some time ago. Higuchi was convicted, and he couldn't claim innocence against L. So, he was guilty and sentenced to the death penalty for all of Kira's crimes. After the fact, the Death Notes were delivered back to you with a note from Ryuzaki asking if you would give them back to the shinigami. You agreed and met Rem and Ryuk at the top of the Task Force building. You also brought Ryuk a bag of apples. They both took the Death Notes and left with a  goodbye. You never saw them again, and you never saw L ever since he left that day at the Task Force building. There was no way to contact him because he sent the notebooks in the mail but from a random address, and he always used burn phones. You had lost all contact. L went back to his old ways. He was never seen again, and his appearance disappeared from the public. L would come back to help if it was a worldwide emergency, but nothing of such significant proportion has happened, so he has remained in silence. Like a shadow, he lingered. He would always be there to protect the world's people, but he would wait until he was needed.

   ' I wish there was still a way for us to contact him, but I know that's impossible. '

Mr. Yagami had used the building to his advantage. The NPA has claimed the building and uses it for the new investigation group. Light was the head of the investigation group, with Mogi as his right-hand man. Matsuda stayed with Mr. Yagami in the NPA building and would prepare to be in the field. Aizawa kept his position, but he would visit the others when he could. You graduated from college and took up a position in the NPA, but you were part of another investigative team. There were five teams in total of investigators with their share of officers. You had a team you worked with and had success in every case. Misa was a star in lights, and her carrier skyrocketed. She was famous and flaunted her smile every chance she got.

   ' It's weird not being with the old Task Force. '

You stepped off of the elevator and walked through the lobby. You exited the building and saw Light standing on the street waiting for you. You walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned to you with a bright smile. 

   " Hey, ready? "

   " Yes, let's go. "

Light took your hand in his and walked away from your apartment building. You visited many shops and looked through them looking for a Christmas gift for Sayu. Light said it was her birthday, and he wanted to get her some gifts before he forgot. Ever since the Death Note incident, he never reverted to his old ways or showed signs that he wanted the world under his foot. He was the same Light Yagami that you grew up with. After picking a few gifts, you showed Light a cafe that you wanted to try, and you went inside, taking Light with you.