Concern

You took out your phone and dialed Matsuda's number. You handed the phone to Ryuzaki, and he held it to his ear between his fingers.

   " Quick thinking Y/n. Good work. "

   " It's the only way we'll be able to handle this. "

Ryuzaki waited for Matsuda to pick up the call, and when he did, he started to act.

   " Yo, Matsui! Ah, it's me Asahi. It's been a while, buddy! "

You almost wanted to laugh at how different Ryuzaki sounded. He didn't even sound like himself or speak like usual.

   " It doesn't sound like you're out. Don't tell me you're home already? So, you by yourself? "

Ryuzaki took the phone away from his ear and placed his hand over the speaker.

   " He's not with Misa Amane right now. Matsuda must be on his own. "

Ryuzaki placed the phone back on his ear and continued to speak.

   " So, do you wanna, like, go out drinking tonight? Oh, what's the matter? Don't tell me your wallet is in trouble again? "

Ryuzaki once more took the phone off his head and covered the speaker, so no one on the other end could hear him.

   " Matsuda's saying he's in big trouble. Oh, that's too bad. Guess I'll drag you out some other time, all right? See ya, buddy. "

Ryuzaki hung up the phone and told Light to call Misa, but her phone was on voicemail. 

   " What are you planning to do Ryuzaki? "

   " Well. . .We have to consider that if Matsuda dies, our suspicions about the Yotsuba Group would be confirmed. Let's just watch the situation for the time being. "

You felt anxious about Matsuda's situation and took a seat on one of the green couches and started to think about Matsuda's case. 

   ' I thought my talk with Matsuda would help him realize that he didn't need to do anything, but it looks like it didn't. '

Beside you, the couch dipped down, and Light sat beside you. He put his arm around your shoulders.

   " Matsuda will be okay. He won't die, and you know that. "

   " Still, I don't want him risking his life like this. He just wanted to help, and now his life is at risk. "

   " His life has been at risk since the start of the investigation. You know that. He'll be fine, Y/n. "

You took a deep breath and leaned against Light, welcoming the warmth he provided. Light's left arm, which was around your shoulder, held your arm, while his right arm held your other arm, bringing you close to him. Ryuzaki looked at you two with envy but turned in his chair towards the screen, focusing on MAtsuda's situation. Soon, Light's phone started to ring, and he took his phone out of his pocket. He flipped his phone open and answered the call.

   " Misa? Misa, you're not with Matsuda at the moment, are you? Misa's just received a call from Matsuda. " Light shouted to everyone in the room.

   " Tell her to hold her phone so that we can listen in as well. "

Everyone gathered around the couches and listened to the conversation.

   " Misa-Misa, when you're finished filming, come over to the Yotsuba Group head office. It's still tentative, but there's a chance you may be able to appear in Yotsuba's commercials! We're working it out now. "

   " What? For real? You're amazing, Matsu! So that's what you've been up to all this time? Don't worry, we're wrapping up soon. "

   " Great, it's just a short trip by taxi. "

Ryuzaki reached towards Light's hand and tugged on his sleeve. Light turned towards Ryuzaki, and Ryuzaki spoke softly so that no one would hear him but you and Light.

   " Listen to me, Light, Y/n. There is a chance that we may be able to save Matsuda. But we won't be able to do it without Misa's help. She'll listen to you and do anything you say, won't she? " 

   " Yeah. . .What do you need? "

Ryuzaki gestured for Light to hang up, and he did. Ryuzaki spoke normally.

   " We'll hold a reception, but Y/n, I will also need your help. "

   " I'll help with anything. "

   " Great. All-in-all I need you to attend the reception to keep an eye on Misa and make sure she doesn't mess anything up, the same can be said for Matsuda. You'll be our eyes and ears while you're there. And we will observe from the cameras. "

   " Okay. I'll help. "

You didn't know what the job would entail, but if it meant saving Matsuda, you would help in any way possible.