Donuts

You just left a taxi cab to go into the hotel Ryuzaki stayed at. Your classes lasted longer today, and you made it there just as the sun was setting. You took the elevator up to his suite and entered his room. The task force was there already, except for Light. 

   " Hi. "

   " Hello, Y/n. How are you feeling? " Ryuzaki asked, turning his head away from the TV.

Ryuzaki made it a point to ask how you were doing every day. He would always ask, and you appreciated that he was looking out for you.

   " I'm doing good. Classes ended a little later today, so that explains why I'm late. "

   " Yes, I assumed so since Light has not showed up yet, along with Mogi. "

A few days ago, Ryuzaki had decided to have Mogi follow Light. He had watched and rewatched the tapes from the security cameras when he went with Matsuda to Aoyama and Shibuya. His thoughts were on the same train tracks yours were, but you had not found time to discuss Misa with Ryuzaki. You walked further into the room and said hello to the task force members. You sat down beside Ryuzaki, and he welcomed your presence. Mr. Yagami took notice of you sitting beside Ryuzaki. It was something he noticed when they had task force meetings. You would always sit near Ryuzaki, or Ryuzaki would sit beside you or find something to ask you, so you focused your attention on him. Mr. Yagami didn't know how to feel about the interactions between you and Ryuzaki, but he also noticed when Light entered the room, you wouldn't sit with him or speak much. You would be blunt if Light asked you a question, and after hours you wouldn't walk home with him or even take a car that Light was in. 

   " Y/n, there was something you wanted to talk to me about a few nights ago. What was it? " Ryuzaki asked.

   " Well-"

   " Hello. "

Light entered the suite, and you felt your lips instantly seal.

   " Later. "

   " Hmm, alright. Come in, Light. Your timing couldn't be better, actually. We just received a new video message from the Second Kira. "

   " Huh? Wow, that didn't take long. "

   " Yes. I believe it's the last one. Well, take a look at this. "

Ryuzaki raised the remote and turned the TV on. Light walked closer to the group and stood behind the chair you were sitting in. Your mind started to red flag the closeness, but you set that aside and paid attention to the video.

   " I've decided to stop searching for Kira. And I'd like to thank the police department for their advice. However, I still plan to help Kira in his mission. And I hope that in time, he will come to see me as an ally. I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge. Also, I will share my power with others who I feel are worthy, and I will encourage them to do the same. Together, we'll make this world a better place. "

Ryuzaki turned the TV off and set the remote on the table. Your focus was entirely on him.

   " After watching this. . .I can only think that Kira and the Second Kira have managed to make contact. "

   " What makes you say that? " Light asked.

   " Oh come on. Didn't you sense it? I was sure you'd come to the same conclusion I did after watching this one through. Y/n? "

   " Hm? "

   " Did you come to the same conclusion? " Ryuzaki asked, taking a donut from the box in front of him.

   " Yes. In the beginning, the Second Kira was determined to meet Kira the original. Now he suddenly wants to stop searching and punishing criminals hasn't only to be seen as an ally. If this was his intention why not do this from the very beginning? Why suddenly do this now? "