To Tell or Not

Throughout the whole day, you were stuck in your mind. You couldn't believe what had just happened earlier when Light Yagami, Kira, came to your apartment. You didn't record the conversation, not expecting the confession. You stayed on your couch and left the TV on, but you weren't watching it. You were too focused on the fact that Light had admitted he was Kira.

   ' All this time, it was Light. I knew it was him after Aoyama and Shibuya, but why does it suddenly, feel different hearing the confession. I feel. . .conflicted. Nothing feels right anymore. '

The sun had hidden underneath the horizon as the moon shone in the sky. You were still on your couch, thinking. A ringtone from a phone woke you from your trance. You looked towards the phone that was ringing and picked it up. It was the phone that Ryuzaki had given you before leaving you to get in the cab. You answered the phone, feeling unsure of what to say.

   " Hello? "

   " Y/n, this is Ryuzaki. "

   " Hi, Ryuzaki. "

   " I have some information for you. "

   " What happened? "

   " It seems Amane is claiming ignorance as to why we apprehended her. She was tight-lipped before, but now she's openly admitting common information. That Light is her boyfriend, she is a celebrity, and claiming that I am her stalker. "

   " She did? Misa's not spoken a word since her detainment, now she's suddenly speaking about random things and being ignorant. "

   " It's strange, I know, but I'm conflicted about what is happening. Light Yagami has also been placed in solitary confinement. He came to the hotel and claimed that he could be Kira. He tried claiming that he could unconsciously be Kira. Which is highly unlikely. "

   " I see. "

   " You know as well as I do, that he is Kira, and it cannot unconsciously be done, seeing as we had cameras in his home for five days. However, with no physical evidence against him, Light Yagami had claimed that he could be Kira and asked to be put in solitary confinement like Amane. He has now been placed in a cell with his hands tied behind him, but unlike Amane, he can see and hear. There is a bed and a toilet in the room for his convenience. Honestly, I do not like how this is going. "

   " It's a challenging situation. You are lucky to be on break. Even I don't know what to make of all of this. Its apparent Light had planned this to make himself look innocent. If the killings continued, he would be seen as innocent since he's been in confinement with no way of getting out of the cell or knowing criminals names put on media. "

   " Mmm. "

   ' Not to mention he came to me and claimed he was Kira, and he proved it to me. Ryuzaki needs the notebook and a confession to prove that Light Yagami is Kira in court. I know his plan and where the notebooks could potentially be. One is buried while Rem is taking the other one to someone else. That's his plan. '

   " Y/n! "

   " Huh? Yes? "

   " You wouldn't answer me, and I called your name repeatedly but I still received no response. "

   " I'm sorry. What was the question? "

   " How are you feeling? "

   ' I don't know if I should tell him. LIght trusted me--But he's Kira! He's a murderer! But. . .it's still Light. He's just trying to make a better world. Damn it all! I don't know what to do, anymore, I can't even think. '

   " Fine. Nothing really to report. I've just been watching the news. "

   " You're lying. "

   " How do you know? "

   " Your tone changed. It shifted when you said you had nothing to report. "

   " Well, Mr. Great Detective nothing else had happened today. Light did visit me, but that was it. "

   " He visited? When? "

   " Ealry this morning. He heard I was on leave and he wanted to come and chat with me. "

   " Was anything suspicious or seem different with Light? "

   " Not really. He seemed fine. A little melancholy but fine. "

   ' Liar. '

   " Hmm, alright. Are you sure, there is nothing else? "

   " I'm sure. It feels weird staying home and not going to work. Especially now when it seems critical. "

   " What did you and Light discuss? "

   " What? Umm. . .we just talked about the old days, when we were younger. We also talked about some of our old classmates and what their doing now. We also talked about the investigation a little bit, and how Misa is the Second Kira. "

   " I see. It seems Mr. Yagami is in need of me. Please do get some rest, and relax while you are home. "

   " I will, bye Ryuzaki. "

   " Goodbye. "

You hung up the phone and decided to head to bed, feeling sluggish and unmotivated. You stepped into your room and fell on top of the bedsheets. You looked out of the big window on the wall and looked at the night sky. It was a very serene moment. You looked towards a picture frame that contained a picture of you and Light. Light was smiling in the photo with his arm around you as you smiled at the photographer. You closed your eyes, deciding to sleep and not worry about the conflicting thoughts in your head and heart. As you closed your eyes, you fell into a deep sleep. With the Task Force, Mr. Yagami was detained because his son was in solitary confinement and admitted that he could be Kira. The emotional stress was too much for Mr. Yagami. Ryuzaki turned towards the television at the two detained people. Misa wasn't talking, and Light was sitting on the floor, not making any moves or speaking. Ryuzaki was in deep thought, and he grabbed his laptop and started to hack into your building's security footage. When he got access to the cameras, he downloaded the footage and left the hotel website. He pulled up the security footage from today, and he started to rewind the footage. 

   ' She said it was in the early morning. '

Ryuzaki stopped when he spotted Light Yagami entering the lobby. Light waved to the receptionist and took the elevator to your floor. He walked through the hall and stopped at your door. Ryuzaki watched as Light raised his hand and knocked on your door. You emerged from the room and spoke to him before letting him in. 

   ' They don't put cameras in the rooms. I'll have to watch the camera footage from the hallway. '

Ryuzaki watched the footage until Light left your apartment. Light's face was a blushing mess, but there didn't seem to be anything else wrong that he could spot in the footage.

   ' She's lying. I know she is. '

Ryuzaki shut his laptop and turned his eyes to the monitors. Unconsciously his thumb went between his lips, and he started to think about what could be happening.