Sick or Flustered

The cab stopped in front of Light's house, and you got out of the cab. You still hugged Light's coat around you as you walked to the front door. You knocked on his front door, and Mrs. Yagami answered the door.

   " Oh, Y/n, it's good to see you! Are you doing alright, dear? You look sick. "

   " I'm feeling under the weather. Light called a cab for me and he told me to come here. He said you would have some medicine. "

   " Oh come inside dear. "

Mrs. Yagami opened the door for you more, and you stepped inside. You slipped your shoes off and put slippers on your feet. Mrs. Yagami walked you upstairs and opened the door to Light's room. She sat you on Light's bed and left the room. She came back and gave you something warm to drink. She put some medicine in your hand and told you to lay down before leaving the room. You took the medicine and drank the warm tea. You laid down on Light's bed and instantly fell asleep against his soft pillows, keeping his jacket on your shoulders. You didn't have any dreams, and you woke up to the sound of a door opening and closing. You sat up on the bed and rubbed your eyes. The light from the hallway flooded into the darkroom, but it disappeared when the door shut. 

   " Light? "

   " Hey, did I wake you? "

   " Yeah, but it's fine. "

Light walked towards his desk, and he turned the lamp on. The light from the lamp didn't hurt your eyes, and you sat up fully in the bed. Light's jacket was loosely laying on your shoulders, and Light noticed that you didn't take it off. He reached for the jacket and slipped it from your shoulders. He folded it and placed the jacket on his desk.

   " Did you fall asleep as soon as you got here? "

   " Yeah, your mom gave me something warm to drink and some medicine. I took it and as soon as I laid on the pillows I fell asleep. I must have been really tired from those long hours of working. "

   " I'm glad you got some sleep then. Are you hungry or anything? I could go downstairs and get you something to eat. "

   " Umm, sure. But are you making it from scratch or can I have leftovers? "

   " We finished off all of the leftovers yesterday, so I'll make you something. I'll be back in a couple of minutes. "

Before you could protest, Light left the room, shutting the door behind him. You sighed and stood up from the bed. You felt bad about Light having to make your food, so you left his room and walked downstairs. You started to wake up slowly, and when you reached the bottom of the stairs, you weren't tired anymore. You walked into the kitchen and saw Light standing over the stove. There was a pan sitting on top of the stove, and Light stood in front of the stove, focussing on cooking. You noticed Light looked tired and stressed. You walked closer to Light and leaned against his shoulder as you looked down at the food in the pan.

   " I'm sorry. You didn't have to cook for me. "

   " I don't mind. Are you feeling any better? "

   " Slightly. I don't feel cold anymore and my headache is gone. "

   " Good, I'm glad you're getting better. "

   " Hey, are you doing okay? " You asked, standing up and not leaning against Light.

   " Why? Do I look sick? "

   " No, you just looked a little stressed. DId anything happen while I was asleep? "

   " My father is in the hospital from a heart attack. It wasn't caused by Kira though, it was caused by stress. And I'll be joining the Kira Investigation as soon as dad is out of the hospital. "

   " Really? I'm guessing L asked you? "

   " Yes, he did. We were discussing everything over some drinks and then I got a call from the hospital saying dad was there from a heart attack. He asked me when we got to the hospital. Ryuga still suspects me of being Kira and he said that if I wanted to be clear to not worry about it. "

   " I mean, he's right. If you're not Kira then you shouldn't worry about it too much. You can clear your name because you're not Kira, and that's by doing nothing and letting the investigation handling it. "

   " Do, you think I'm Kira, Y/n? "

You didn't look away from the pan of food that was almost done. You didn't want to tell him that you did, to some degree, think he was Kira. In your mind, all of the evidence pointed to Light being Kira, and that's why you assumed Ryuzaki had asked Light to join the team.  So, he could get closer to Light and find some evidence. When you didn't answer, Light's eyes looked down at you, and he didn't like how you didn't answer.

   " So, you do. "

   " I don't know. I don't want you to be, and I don't want you to be involved, but the evidence and my way of thinking points to someone that is like you. And there's only one you Light. So, I don't know. It's going to take physical evidence I guess to convince me. "

   " What about to unconvince you? "

   " Unconvince me? "

Light stopped stirring the food, and he took the pan off of the stove. He set it on a potholder on the counter, and he faced you.

   " Can I convince you that I'm not Kira? Y/n, you know me and you know I wouldn't kill anyone. "

   " I know Light, but with what we found in the investigation- "

   " Don't think about the investigation. I want you to tell me what you think without including what you found in the investigation. " Light interrupted.

Light poured the food into two bowls and set them on the table. He walked back over to you and saw that you were still in thought. He placed his left hand on the side of the counter beside you, and his right hand caressed your cheek. Your breath hitched as his hand touched your cheek. His brown orbs gazed into yours, and you felt a little flustered.

   " Y/n, do you think I'm Kira? "