Are You Kira

" What!? " Mr. Yagami yelled.

   " I--I don't believe this. " You said.

You were sitting at the same table in the HQ, looking at the results of what happened in the past few days. Twenty-three more victims died yesterday. Every day he's been killing more and more criminals. It made you question the sudden change of time. Used to he killed in a way that showed he was a student, but now he's killed one person every hour every day, decreasing the number of people in cells dramatically. 

   " Another twenty-three victims yesterday? Are these confirmed? " Mr. Yagami asked the two men in front of him.

   " Yes. "

   " The day before there were another twenty-three victims. He's killing one off, every hour on the hour.  "

   " Considering that this new pattern has been going on for two weekdays. . ."

   " It does punch some holes in the theory that our suspect is a student. "

   " Maybe not. Anybody can skip two days of school. "

Everyone started to think about why the killer suddenly changed tactics. They were now thinking that it couldn't be a student or that it was, and they had skipped two days of school. Everyone was thinking while L stayed quiet on the laptop. You were thinking about why he suddenly changed tactics when it hit you, and a shiver traveled down your back.

   " He knows. "

   " What is it, Y/n? What does he know? " Matsuda questioned. 

   " He knows that we figured out he's a student so he's killing one off every hour to throw us off track. He figured it out. And he's rubbing it in our faces by telling us information we didn't have before. "

  " That's correct. It seems everyone has missed the point while Y/n was right on the mark. " L spoke from the computer screen.

   " It does appear that Kira is less likely now a student, but that's not the message he's sending by doing this. As Ms. Y/n said there is some information he has given us by doing this. If you don't understand what information let me pose some questions that will give you the answer. Ask yourselves, why every hour? And why are all these victims in prisons where they should be discovered immediately? Why not other criminals like before? " L continued.

Everyone remained silent as they stared at the screen that sat in front of Watari.

   " Ms. Y/n? "

   " He's telling us that he can kill from a distance and he can determine the time of death. "

   "You're on point as always, Ms. Y/n. Now there is something else of great importance we must discuss. As soon as we began to suspect that Kira might be a student, the pacing of the killings changed. As if to contradict that theory. Coincidence? No. Too convenient. This can only mean that Kira has access to police information. It's obvious now. This is a direct challenge to me. "

   ' He's been able to get information from inside the task force building. Meaning he's somehow hacked the system, or he knows one of us. ' You thought.

You felt really on edge now. You felt like things weren't looking too good for you here in this room. At some point, you knew people would start to look at you with questioning eyes. You fit the criteria. You were a student in the region, you worked in the NPA, you helped on the Serial Murder Investigation, and you figured things out quicker than the others could. You knew that a target would be put on your back at some point, and it seemed that it was the right time for it to be placed on your back with glue. You could already feel a few people glancing at you. L concluded the meeting for the night, and you started packing your stuff in your bag. Everyone was filing out of the room, and before you could walk out, L spoke from the computer to get your attention.