A Red Tint

Once the questioning was done, you waited with everyone in the living room. Ryuzaki was still in the room alone, and it left you with everyone else outside. The sun had already risen in the sky since it took most of the night, and now it was the early Sunday morning. You still sat on the floor while everyone was back in their original spots before the questioning. Finally, Ryuzaki came out of the room and sat on the same couch before apologizing.

   " I apologize for questioning all of you like that, but I'm afraid I had no other choice. I've determined that Kira is not among us. "

You were glad that he trusted you, but your thoughts were still on Light. You knew now that he was a suspect in your head along with Ryuzaki's, but you wished he wasn't. You had known Light for a while, and he was your best friend. You didn't want to believe that he could be a killer.

   ' Would he really give up everything to be a killer? He has a perfect life practically. '

   " Ryuzaki, how can you be certain that we're all innocent? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " Well, to be honest, from the beginning, I set a number of traps that would reveal if any of you was Kira. But after speaking with you one on one, I don't feel the need. "

His eyes connected with yours for a moment, and you held a small amount of eye contact until his eyes focused back on the table. But his thoughts were interrupted quickly when the sound of a ringing phone was heard from Ryuzaki's pocket.

   " Excuse me. "

Ryuzaki pulled out a blue phone from his pocket and held it up to his ear, but he held the top of his phone instead of playing the cell in his palm and holding it up to his ear. 

   ' What a truly strange man. '

You could see Matsuda fold his arms and lean against the back of the couch, and you contained your laugh. You knew he was frustrated by the fact that he used his phone when no one else could have theirs.

   " Understood, I'm just about finished here anyway. You've got the key, so let yourself in. "

He lowered the phone from his ear and clicked one of the many buttons ending the call, still holding the phone on the top half. 

   " Watari is on his way. "

Everyone gasped, and their minds started thinking about what Watari would look like. You were thinking the same thing as well until a light tap on your shoulder interrupted your thoughts. You blinked a few times and looked up to see Ryuzaki's form above you. His left pointer finger was still on your shoulder, but you didn't mind.

   " I have another chair for you to sit in. "

You looked behind you to see his other hand on a chair that resembled Aizawa's. 

   " Oh. . .thank you. "

You stood up, and his left hand now pulled your shoulder, and your body followed the direction. He had moved you and placed the chair in your previous spot. His hands left your shoulder and the couch to return to his pockets. 

   " It wouldn't be healthy for you to sit on the floor for that long. It also wouldn't be practical when we start looking over the files. "

   " Thanks, Ryuzaki. "

Ryuzaki only nodded and returned to his spot on the couch. As he walked back to the small couch, the door opened, and an old man walked into the apartment with a  suitcase in his hands. He walked into the room where everyone was seated, not making a sound. His steps were slow but powerful. You knew that this was what the real Watari looked like.