The Hard Part

" Light, we need to talk. "

   " Uh, okay, dad. "

Light opened the door for his father. Mr. Yagami walked into Light's room and took a seat on Light's bed. Light sat back down in his rolling chair and faced his father. Ryuk was floating beside the bed, wondering what Mr. Yagami was going to say to his son.

   " What is it you need? " Light asked.

   " Son, we need to talk about Y/n. "

Light instantly felt on edge. Hundreds of scenarios played inside of his head, and all of them ended with you in a terrible condition. 

   " What happened to her? Is she okay? "

   " She's fine, son. But I'm afraid your relationship with her will be terminated for a while. "

   " Terminated? I don't think I understand dad. "

Mr. Yagami sighed and ran his hand through his gelled hair. He took out your phone from his pocket and handed it to Light. Of course, Watari made sure the numbers from RYuzaki's burn calls were gone along with the rest of the team's numbers. There would be no way for Light to see the contacts of those on the investigation team. 

   ' This is Y/n's phone. '

   " Y/n has been detained for the sake of the Kira investigation. "

   " What!? " Light yelled, standing from his chair.

   ' I don't understand. She was working with them and after a short amount of time, they've detained her? She fit the profile before but is this what L thinks is going to get me stirred up and say that I'm Kira? '

   " But, why!? On what grounds was she detained? She was working with the Kir investigation, why in the world you they detain her? "

   " She is suspected to be Kira. She fits our profile and we don't want there to be a  chance that she could be Kira and kill us. She has been detained and is not allowed to have contact with anyone until the investigation is over or we see that she is not Kira. Any form of contact will not be allowed, and so her devices of contact were apprehended. I was allowed to have her phone so I could give it to you, in case you didn't believe me or you wanted something to remember her by. " Mr. Yagami said, remembering the script Ryuzaki gave him.

   " What about school? The entrance exams are only a few days away. "

   " She will no longer be attending school. Her work will be done at the containment facility, and she is allowed to leave and take the entrance exam but with no contact to anyone. Someone will be with her guarding and watching her every move. "

Light stood in the middle of his room, not knowing how to feel about the situation. At one part, he felt furious, but at the other, he was sad and confused. He didn't want you to be contained and stop talking to him. 

   " So, there's no way I can talk to her? Not even a letter? "

   " Not even a letter. I'm sorry son, but this is how it has to be. I know she's innocent so we need to wait the time out for her to be released. I know this is going to be very hard on you because you like her, but try and focus on your studies and don't think about her too much. "

Mr. Yagami bid his son a good night and left the room. Light sat down in his chair and turned towards his desk. He set your phone on the desktop and stared at it. Ryuk floated to his bed and laid on the bedsheets, feeling a little down himself.

   " What a shame, she was funny. " Ryuk said.

Light didn't say anything due to the cameras still sitting in his room, but he looked towards a picture frame on his desk. It was the same picture that you had on your desk at home. Light's eyes focused on your smiling face, and he felt a pain in his chest.

   ' I'm sorry Y/n, please forgive me for putting you in this position. '

Light rested his head in his arms and rested against the table of his desk. However, you were putting the last pieces of clothes away in the drawers of the extra bedroom in the hotel. Once all of your clothes were put away, you took out the picture frame of you and Light and set it on the nightstand. Then, there was a knock on your door, and you took a seat on the soft bed.

   " Come in. "

The door opened, and Ryuzkai stepped into the room. However, he didn't move past the doorway, and he kept his hand on the door handle, signaling that this was going to be a short conversation. 

   " Have you settled in? "

   " I've put my stuff away, but I haven't gotten used to living here yet. I don't even know where the bathroom is. "

   " The room right next to this one. "

   " Thanks. "

   " Get some rest. Tomorrow Watari will collect your work and bring it back here for you to work on, and we have a Kira HQ Meeting tomorrow once the working hours are over. "

   " Okay, thank you, Ryuzaki. "

   " If you need me I will be in my room looking over some files. "

You nodded, and Ryuzaki shut the door and walked down the hall to his room so he could work until the sunrise. You laid down on the bed feeling exhausted. You turned on your side and looked at the picture frame and wondered,

   ' Light Yagami, are you going to kill me? After all this time, has our relationship meant anything? '