Wait For Me to Come Back

' He confessed. '

You remained silent, but your eyes were wide. Your shaking had stopped, and you couldn't think. Your mind was blank as you stared at Light.

   " I killed criminals with the Death Note. This world is rotting, and I want to create a perfect world, where no criminals exist, where no evil or wrongdoings will be committed, and where I am the god of that new world. I've been getting rid of all the evil in the world, I am Kira. "

    " And Misa Amane is the Second Kira? "

   " Yes. "

   ' I knew it! Even if she won't confess, Light just did for her. '

   " Misa is the Second Kira. I didn't know anyone else possessed a Death Note until she started killing people and making those videos. In Aoyama and Shibuya she was disguised as someone else, so she wouldn't be suspected or seen by her fans. She made a special deal with her shinigami, which allows her to see a person's name and lifespan, by just one look at their face. The only exception is with someone who possesses a Death Note. She can't see my lifespan, only my name. That's how she found me that night you were at my house and she said she was my classmate. She was coming to introduce herself as the Second Kira, and I saw her shinigami, named Rem. She wanted to help me, and she's obsessed with being in a relationship with me, so I had no choice but to agree. Since then, she's been helping me, but she got apprehended because of her own stupidity. She left evidence for the police and L to find. "

   ' Why is he confessing? Why is he telling me all of this? '

   " I don't understand. . .Why are you telling me all of this? "

   " Because of Misa's apprehension, I have to do something in order for Kira's identity to be secret. I'll be interrogated and given the same treatment as Misa, and I'm preparing myself for it. A few days ago Misa's memory of the Death Note was erased because she gave up ownership. When you give up ownership of the Death Note, you forget all of the killings you committed and anything associated with the Death Note, but everything else will remain. Misa gave up ownership, so she won't remember she was the Second Kira, which will puzzle L for some time. I am going to do the same thing. I am going to write a couple of days' worth of names, and span them out over the time that I will be imprisoned. And I will give up ownership of my, Ryuk's, Death Note, erasing my memories of ever using it. I'm going to bury one Death note, while the other is going to be given to someone else, to make me look innocent. I'll get my memories back later, when the person has been captured by L and the rest of the Task Force. "

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. You heard Kira's plan to make himself forget and remember the Death Note. You were still in shock over the information you were receiving. 

   " I'm telling you because I want you to remember, and I want you to finally understand why I have been killing criminals and getting rid of the filth in the world. Killing L is only getting someone with immense strategy and deductions out of the way, so I can rule the new world. "

   " Light, you've--This is crazy! You can't--"

   " I'm telling you because I love you. During high school, I realized that I didn't think of you as a friend anymore, and I started to treat you differently in hopes that you would like me back. But as time went on I found myself falling in love with you. I want to protect you and keep you safe from all of the dangers in the world. There were times I thought I would have to kill you, because of how close you were to catching me, but I couldn't do it. . .I don't want to kill you and I don't have the heart to kill you. "

   ' So, when Ryuzaki thought I was in danger and he kept me away from the public eye, he actually felt that Light was going to kill me. '

   " I'm going to start my plan soon, and get myself detained, but I had to come and tell you before I lost all of my memories over the Death Note. "

   " Isn't this a big risk for you? You've revealed everything to someone on the Kira Investigation Task Force, that you are Kira and you revealed to me how you kill, and your plan. What makes you think I won't tell L? "

   " I know you won't. And yes, this is a big risk for me to take, but I had to let you know how I feel before renouncing the Death Note as mine. I love you, Y/n and I wanted to tell you why Misa is so attached to me, and the fact she threatened me to be her boyfriend. I couldn't tell you, 'I love you' unless I explained everything. Because if I did that, I would only be putting your mental state in ruin, and it would only confuse everything for you. So, I thought over it all night and realized it was time I told you. "

   " Light this is crazy. "

   " It is, but I've confessed to you, and I've even given you proof. "

   " I'm still here, guys. Don't do this in front of me! " Ryuk yelled. 

Light glared at Ryuk, and Ryuk only laughed at the man in front of you. Light still held your arms tightly, afraid to let go.

   " Do you have any apples? "

   " Yeah. In the fridge. "

   " Thanks. "

Ryuk walked towards the kitchen, and Light turned his attention to you. Both of his hands cupped your face.

   " Y/n, I love you. Once I give up ownership of the Death Note, I won't be able to remember anything regarding it. But I will remember this. "

Light's eyes glanced between your eyes and lips, and he leaned close to your face. He connected his lips with yours, and his thumbs rubbed the skin underneath your eyes. His lips were warm against your own. The kiss was soft but loving. You were still too much in shock to process the kiss until he pulled his lips off of yours.

   " I'll be going. But I'll be taken in for interrogation soon, and I'll forget about the Death Note. Hold on until I can get back. "

Light whispered that he loved you one more time before standing up, taking his bag, and leaving the apartment. All the while, you stayed as still as possible on the couch. Your mind was on the fritz, and you had trouble thinking what just happened was real.

   ' What the hell has my life come to? '