1

Teresa 

3 years earlier

"MOM! DAD!" I ran as fast as I could to them but they were already dead. I saw the man that I later found out that his name is Drex heading in my direction and I tried to run until I ran into a man in red and blue. 

"Never fear, Captain Man is here!" If I wasn't paralyzed with fear and known that Drex was a former sidekick of Captain Man at the time, I would have told him off right then and there! Captain Man created the monster that killed my parents! I don't hate him but, I don't like him either. Since that day, The Dunlops adopted me. Hugo and Iris Dunlop were my dad's best friends. They were also my Godparents. Jasper, even before we became legal siblings, I considered him my best friend and brother. 

I should explain who I am before we continue. My name is Teresa. I go by Tess. My full birth name was Teresa Mara Nicholas, but for the last three years, it's Teresa Mara Dunlop. I'm 13 years old and today is not a good day for me. Well, this day hasn't been a good one for three years now. Today is the day that my parents died by the hands of Drex, villain and former sidekick of Captain Man. I don't like Captain Man, then again, I never cared for him even before my parents' death. I have a slight hatred for the proud hero of our town of Swelliview, since he is the reason for my parent's murderer. 

Present Day

"Hey, did you guys see what Captain Man did yesterday?" Of course, My brother is obsessed with Captain Man. 

"Can we focus on Algebra?" 

"Yea, I agree with Char." Henry Hart and Charlotte Page, Jasper and I's best friends.

"There was a fire at a pet store, and Captain Man ran inside right through the flames, and saved all the animals. And he didn't even get hurt." Once again, my brother ignoring what Char and I said.  

"Captain Man never gets hurt. He's a beast." 

"Or he does get hurt and just has a really good healing factor. Now, can we get back to our homework?" I try to go back to doing our homework. 

"You know, someday, when you guys are cleaning my swimming pool 'cause you failed this algebra test, then flunked out of school, I hope you remember this moment, 'cause I will." I groan. 

"I will remember this as the fact that none of you care, expect for Char, to pass 8th grade." 

"Hey, here's a cool job I could do, foot model." 

"Ok, and can you please move your foot please? Still trying to homework here." 

"You guys, could we go over the list for my birthday party?" 

"Sure."

"No." 

"No." 

"What?" 

"But I invited 52 people, and nobody's texted me back yet. What does that mean?" 

"That people have been to your parties before?" I give up on doing homework. 

"Ok, why 52 people and I have to agree with Henry. That maybe why people aren't texting you back about your party is because they've been to your parties before?" 

"Oh, come on, my parties aren't that bad." Is he serious?

"Christmas, three years ago, 15 kids ended up in the hospital." That was the first Christmas without my parents here. It was hard on me since I only had been legally a Dunlop for a few months at that point. 

"'Cause of your raw turkey." 

"It was turkey sushi." 

"Why turkey sushi, Jasp?"