12

Tess

"I want to be your sidekick." What the fuck!

"What?" 

"Hey, hey, whoa, whoa, hey! Ray's already got a got sidekick, me. And unofficial sidekick, Tess." 

"You're both just kids who are visible."

"Oh! So you're better than us just 'cause we're visible and you're not?"

"All right, guys, come on. Let's not play the visibility card."

"Brad... I think it's time for you to go." Ray scooches Brad off the couch. 

"Wait. Think about what a great sidekick I'd be. I could sneak up on bad guys, and then..." Brad punches Ray. 

"Ow! I'm okay."

"See? You never saw that punch coming." 

"Look, I already have an excellent sidekick and that's Henry. And we don't usually see Tessa coming and yet she's visible." 

"Thank you." I just smile creepily. 

"All right. What if Henry quits?" 

"I'm never going to quit."

"He's not quitting, and plus I have Tess if that happens."

"But what if they both quit? Then what?"

"All right, Brad. If Henry and Tess ever quits, you can be my sidekick, okay? Anything else?"

"Yeah. I want your shirt."

"You can't have my shirt." Brad rips Ray's shirt off of him. 

"Hey! Brad! Give me my shirt back, Brad. Brad!" 

"Kids, don't, don't look at this." Ray chases Brad to get his shirt back. 

"Okay, seriously, though, it's not funny anymore, so, okay." A tug-o-war between Ray and Brad with the ripped shirt.

"Ah! I'm not playing with you, man. Brad. Brad! You don't wear clothes anyway." The chase goes on until Hen, Char, and I have to go home. 

Late in the night

I hear my bedroom door open and I open my eyes to see no one there but, hearing footsteps. 

"Get out, Brad!" Brad seems to leave, knowing that I know that he was there. 

At school

So, Hen has been yawning a lot today which means he didn't sleep well. Hen falls face first into his open locker. Jasper happens to walk by and see this. 

"Henry!" 

"Whoa, what, what?" 

"Why you sleeping?"

"Because... I was up all night, and this invisible guy kept sneaking into my room, and flipping my bed over, and..." Hen notices Jasper's expression even though I know who he's talking about. 

"That's the dream I kept having."

"Well, will you past out some of these flyers for me?" Jasp hands Hen a small stack of flyers. 

"What are these?"

"They're for a house I'm selling with Piper. I'm her real estate agent." The bell rings. 

"Isn't this her old, gross playhouse that's been sitting in my backyard for the last five years?"

"Yeah, but I totally remolded it. I'm telling you, for the right buyer, this--"