40

Tess

The motorcyclist rides in. Jasp uses the flag to defend himself and stops the motorcyclist. The motorcycle stops at the water fountain.

"What happened?"

"You stopped him."

"Wow."

"Jasper, you're a hero."

"Really?" Hen comes back as Kid Danger. He's too late. Jasp already stopped him.

"Hey. I'm here."

"Look. Jasper already took him down."

"Yeah."

"Hey, do you mind if I get a picture?"

"Nah, people ask me all the time." Hen is about to pose when the girl hands him her phone.

"Thanks." The girl goes and poses with Jasp.

"Oh. Sure." Yea.. This is killing Hen. Hen takes the picture.

"There, done, come get your phone." The girl takes her phone from Hen or Kid Danger. The police come in. The police come and get the dude. They take him away and everyone is recording. The bell rings which means that class is starting. Everyone heads to class.

The News Station

Jasp dragged me along to the news station even though he's the only one that they're interviewing.

"After the accident, the bus driver said he didn't see the woman until it was too late."

"Got to look both ways."

"You really do."

"Yesterday, a new hero was born in Swellview, and we have him right here with us now. Mary, why don't you get up and let the hero have a seat?" Or how about you get another chair so Mary can still sit and Jasp can take a seat but, they didn't ask me. Mary gets up and Jasp takes her seat.

"Well, hello, Jasper Dunlop."

"Hey, Trent. You smell exactly how I thought you would." Not sure that's what you want to say on tv but, whatever.

"Oh, good. So, Jasper, I guess the Swellview police owe you a big wet thank you for single-handedly ending that dangerous motorcycle chase yesterday." Why a wet thank you?

"Ah, it was no big deal."

"It sure was a big deal. A big wet deal." Trent likes to say wet, doesn't he?

"Well, you know... And when I saw the guy riding the motorcycle toward me, I just held up the flag and he crashed into the pole."

"Well, let's take a look at some cell phone footage from one of your fellow students." They show the clip of Jasp stopping that guy yesterday.

"How amazing was that?"

"I got this, Mary." I just roll my eyes.

"Jasper, you impress me."

"I do?"

"Absolutely. I'd wear a T-shirt with your face on it." That's excessive. The interview goes ok, I guess. Char just texted me and Hen is not liking Jasp getting this kind of attention. Hen is a superhero, well, sidekick. But no one knows that he is Kid Danger which this does not help at all.

Man Cave

Char is at the computers doing some work. Ray and Bork are training. I'm laying down on the couch. Hen is kind of bitching about what has happened.