44

Tess

Hen starts the video and we just see Char on the camera.

"Wait. Why are we seeing Charlotte?" 

"Let's get busy, yo, and watch the video." Oy Vey. 

"Oh, the rhymes." We hear the noises of Ray and Hen transforming. The video ends. I take my phone out and send Hen the video I took.

"Charlotte... You had the front-facing camera on."

"You didn't even get us on video."

"You just video'd yourself."

"So, there never even was a video of us transforming on Piper's phone."

"But, there could have been a chance where Piper could have connected the dots before and after you two changed. Grantly, it would have been just audio but, still!"

"Yeah. Well, I guess this whole thing was just one big old waste of time." Char walks into the back. 

A few days later

There's a big storm going on, and we're bugging Piper for concert tickets. 

"Piper, please."

"Come on, Piper. That concert is completely sold out."

"We just need 5 tickets."

"Please?"

"You just need 5 tickets?"

"Yeah. Just five."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." 

"No." 

"But you have eight tickets." That is a lot of tickets. 

"Yeah, eight tickets that I earned."

"Uh, you didn't earn those tickets."

"Hey, who went online and entered the contest?"

"You."

"You did."

"I guess... I guess you."

"And who won the contest?" Ok, we've been going at this for almost an hour now!

"You."

"You did."

"I guess you."

"Yeah."

"Okay, okay. Piper."

"Too close."

"Okay. Listen, the Hallkins are my favorite band and my boss Ray's favorite band." 

"They're favorite band, too." I like a few songs from them.

"Come on, Piper. Please!" 

"Just give us 5 tickets! We've been going at this for about an hour!" Mr. Hart walks in with a pippy?

"Hey, guys, look who I found wandering around outside."

"Aw. Whose puppy is that?"

"Can we keep him?"

"I don't know, dad, I'm not in charge of the house."

"Right. I'll ask your mom."

"The tickets?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Dad, Piper won eight tickets to this concert we all really want to go to."

"Ooh, that sounds fun." It would be if we haven't been barding with a ten-year-old for tickets for about an hour now.