59

Tess

"Yeah um, see, today is bring your daughter to work day, and my daughter Molly was playing with my computer, and somehow she released Drex from... huh prison, heh." My eyes go wide. Drex is out of prison and still alive? I thought he would never see the light of day again. If I see him in person again, he's a dead man. I know killing him won't bring back my parents, but it'll make me feel better that he'll be dead and not hurting more families!

"Again, I'm so sorry"

"Molly, why would you release Drex, knowing how dangerous he is?"

"I'm five."

"Ahhh, kids sure do say the stupidest things."

"Uh, Barney...any news on the current location of this criminal named Drex?"  Drex in the background, taking an officer down.

"Not at this time. But investigators are using all available resources to conduct a complete search of literally everywhere." Ray runs out of his sprocket, in his Captain Man uniform.

"Charlotte, I need you to log into the Man Copter's computer guidance system." The wall of weapons comes up from the floor.

"Ooo, you're taking the Man Copter?"

"I don't have time for questions."

"Where are you going?"

"To catch Drex." Ray begins to grab weapons.

"I'm coming with you."

"No, Tess. It's too dangerous for you come with."

"Drex murdered my parents! I'm coming with."

"You answered her question."

"What?"

"You said, you don't have time for questions, but I guess that only applies to my questions."

"Hey, thanks for understanding." Before Ray closes the wall, Jasp grabs a weapon.

"Okay, I'm logged into the Man Copter's computer."

"Good. Set all weapons to ready position, locked and loaded."

"Locking...and loading."

"All right, I'm outta here. Tess, stay here!"

"Hang on!"

"What? I gotta go and keep your sister here!"

"But don't you wanna wait for Henry and take Tess with you?"

"Yeah. Henry's not here."

"Do you want me to text him and find out how far he is?"

"Uh...No! No...no-no."

"Uh, why not?"

"Uh...'Cuz I already contacted Henry, yeah, and he said he's gonna meet there and I don't wanna risk Drex killing Tess, so."

"Are you sure?"

"Hey look! That's Henry calling me right now." Ray pulls out his phone and answers it for his lie.

"Hi Henry."

"I didn't hear your phone ring."

"Me either." 

"It's set to silent!" Hen comes down.

"Uh...sorry Henry--Jasper was bothering me. What's that? Oh, you do? So, you're gonna meet me there? Great..."

"Uhhh, so you're on the phone, talking with Henry, right now?"

"Yeah--obvi. Sorry Henry, I'm back... Great, so, I'll meet ya there."