25

Tess

Jasp and I are home alone and we're watching tv when the news about Captain Man come on. 

"And on a sad note today, Swellview's very own Captain Man went from Superhero to Super Jerko." Ray, what did you do? 

"Warning, the clip we're about to show you is disturbing." The switch to the clip of Ray or Captain Man walking up to a lemonade stand. 

"Hi, kids." 

"Wow!"

"You're Captain Man." 

"That's right. Hey, how much for a cup of lemonade?" 

"A dollar." Ray gasps, grabs the mailbox right next to him, and smashes the lemonade stand. What the fuck?

"What a jerk." I flip the channel after that ends. 

"I can't believe Captain Man would do that." 

"Same here, Jasp. Same here." Hen texts me to get to work.

"I have to go." I get up to put my boots on.

"Where are you go, Tess?"

"I have to go to work. I'll see you later." I get my boots on, grab my hoodie and keys, and leave to get to work. I get to Junk-N-Stuff and see Char and Hen. We get into the elevator and go down to the Man Cave. Once the door opens, I help Hen and Char up. 

"We're here!"

"Did you guys see the news?" 

"Yeah, we saw the news. Everyone hates me now." 

"Well, why did you smash those kids' lemonade stand?"

"A dollar a cup's not that much." 

"I didn't smash their lemonade stand because of the price."

"Then why'd you do it?"

"Because after the little girl said, 'One dollar,' I noticed a spider on the lemonade stand. A red jabber." Yikes. 

"A red jabber?"

"Those are deadly."

"I know! That's why I smashed it before it could hurt those kids." 

"Ohhh." I had a feeling that the news people didn't have the full story and were only going by face value. Schwoz gets up. 

"Well, then I say, who cares? So what if everybody hates you now?"

"I'm a superhero. I don't want to be hated by everybody." 

"Well, you are." Nice going, Schwoz. 

"Dah. What am I going to do?" 

"Why don't you just make a video apologizing?" 

"Yeah, that's gooood. The public loves it when famous people beg for forgiveness." 

"No. No. I did nothing wrong. I don't care what people think of me." 

Later

Ray is in his Captain Man gear and is making the said video he said he wouldn't do. 

"I'm Captain Man, and I care very much what you, the people, think of me." 

Later... again

We're now watching the video on the news.