Acceptance

Tess

Oh, fuck! I am in love with Hen! Shit! I've been denying this for the last two years! No wonder why I wanted to kill the other girls expect for Chloe. I should tell him how I feel...but, knowing my history of superheroes and Hen being Kid Danger. Sadly, I'm not sure if it will work out between the two of us. I hear footsteps coming into my bedroom. 

"Hey Tess..." I look at Jasper. 

"Hey..." 

"So, um. I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable earlier." 

"It's okay. You're forgiven." I lay flat on my bed and feel Jasp sit next to me. 

"It's just weird. I'm Captain Man's niece. A man I had hated for almost 3 years of my life until I started working for him." 

"It's also weird for me too. Having a sister being related to my favorite hero of all time." We just sit there in slience for a little bit before I hear Jasp's phone go off. 

"It's the others. Do you want.."

"Nah. I'm good. I'll see you later though." Jasp gets up. 

"Later, Tess." I hear Jasp walk out of my room and out of the house. I sit up and grab my phone. I text Ray..Uncle Ray and tell him to meet me somewhere. I know the place. 

The Cemetery

I get to the cemetery and head to my parents gravestones to find Ray already there. 

"Hey."

"Tessa!" Ray hugs me. 

"Oh my God, I was worried about you." I see that the uncle mode has already kicked in. 

"I'm fine. How did you find the gravestones without me telling you?" Ray lets go. 

"Oh, well, um. I come here every once in a while. Pay my respects to the only two people that I have let die during my time as Captain Man." Ray takes a deep heavy breath before he speaks. 

"Tessa, I'm really sorry that I created the monster that killed your parents." I lean in more to Ray. 

"It's not your fault. You didn't know that Drex would end up making me an orphan." Ray wraps his arms around me and cries into me. This is the first time I've seen him have guilt get to him. I turn towards the gravestones. 

'Here Lies Rania and Albert Nicholas. Beloved parents of Teresa Nicholas.'

Hey Mom. Hey Dad. It's been a while. Sorry I haven't visited much in the last 2 years. A lot has happened in 2 years. One of my best friends, Henry, became Kid Danger. Captain Man's sidekick. My other best friend Charlotte and I started working for Captain Man after we figured out Henry's secret. I don't hate Captain Man anymore after working for him. Jasper found and has joined us in working for a superhero. Today, I found out that Ray Manchester, Captain Man, is my uncle. So, mom, your brother is still alive and clearly still has guilt. Hopefully, he'll learn to work through it. I love you both. Mom. Dad. 

5 years ago, I was running away from Drex who had just murdered my parents and running into the direction of Captain Man who I began to have a slight hatred for almost three years straight. That was until my best friend Henry Hart became his sidekick, Kid Danger. Now, here I am at 16, with a superhero uncle, sidekick best friend, best friend and brother working alongside Captain Man. I think mom and dad would be happy to know I'm happy, healthy, and safe. I hope I'm ready for what's next to come.