58

Tess-School

Why is Jasp stalking Char? Jasp sneaks up on Char and I walk over to them. 

"Charlotte!"

"Ahh!"

"Come with me to the janitor's closet."

"Why do Tess and I need to come w--ahhh!" Jasp drags Char and Char drags me along. Jasp closes the door. 

"Okay... since now, I'm in on Captain Man and Kid Danger's secret, I was thinkin' that when we're at school, and we need to talk about work, we should talk in code." Why?

"Jasper, why should w--"

"Listennn... When I wanna talk about Captain Man, I'm gonna say, 'Kah-poo Mah-noo.'"

"Isn't that an island in Hawaii?"

"No. Now when I wanna talk about Kid Danger, I'll say, 'K'doo D'goo.'"

"What is wrong with you?"

"A lot is wrong with him."

"And when I wanna say Man Cave, I'l say, 'V'kay-kay M'ay-nay.' So... if I say, 'Hey! We gotta go meet Kah-poo Mah-noo and K'doo D'goo in the V'kay-kay M'nay-nay' what does that mean?" Char and I walk out of the closet. 

"Wait! Shall Tay-Tay and T'es!" Why does Ms. Shapen have a megaphone?

"Attention! Everyone! Guess who's here! I SAID GUESS!!!" Everyone guesses at once.

"Wrong! Here today with a surprise visit to Swellview Junior High, we have two fellas from the Frittle corporation!" Everyone cheers. 

"Soooo... Say hello to Ragin' Red Rhubarb and Bodacious Blue Bacon!" Two guys from the Frittle corporation walk in.

"Oh yeah!"

"Whoo!" They shoot cans of chips at us. 

"Whoo, who want's some? Whoo, yeah!"

"I got one!" Hen walks in.

"Hey, what's going on here--" Hen gets hit in the head with one of the cans. 

"Okay, alright... who shot me in the face with this frittle can?!?"

"Stop whining!" 

"Hey Ms. Shapen, what's goin' on?"

"Ooh, everyone-- turn on the Swellview News!" Everyone pulls out a device and turns it onto the news. 

"Now come on! Let's go hit the teacher's lounge."

"Yeah! Teacher's lounge!" The guys and Miss. Shapen leave. 

"Trent?"

"Thanks Mary. Ragin' Red Rhubarb or Bodacious Blue Bacon. Which will win the contest and become Frittle's official new flavor? To explain, let's go live to the Frittle Factory."

"Hi! Oh, keep going? We're giving out free samples of the two new flavors all over Swellview. And next Tuesday, people can go online to Frittles.com and vote for the flavor you think should win." Jasp turns off the news and the bell rings. Hen eats one of the Bodacious Blue Bacon chips. 

"Mmmm... Oh man, this Bodacious Blue Bacon is amazing." 

"Mm, yeah, but... there's somethin' awesome about the Ragin' Red Rhubarb."

"Char, Tess, what are you gonna vote for?"

"Don't care."

"Neither. I don't have time to vote for some dumb corn chip."