Henry's Apology

Tess

Hen has been bugging me for the past week, trying to get him to forgive him. I have not forgiven him since a lot of his apologies have been half assed. I rather have him put effort into his apology than accepting a half assed one.

"Heyy Tess!!" Did I mention that he's been way to nice? I haven't mentioned that? Well, I think it's obvious now. Now, he's bugging me at my locker at school.

"What?"

"You know I'm sorry for overreacting about Charlotte wanting to take my job."

"Are you really sorry?"

"Yes?"

"Apology not accepted."

"Tess, come on!"

"Hen, you accuse Char of being a job stealer and freaked out when you found out that Char went with our boss on a mission. A half assed apology isn't going to get me to forgive you." I whisper the part about our boss on a mission.

"Tessa!" Oh my God, now he's calling me Tessa.

"Tess!"

"WHAT????"

"What can I do to get you to forgive me?"

"First, come up with an apology that's not half assed!"

"Anything else?"

"I don't know, maybe somehow get Kid Danger to rescue me?" I say that jokily. I don't think Hen thought I was being serious until I see the evil glint in his eyes. Damn it! He thinks I'm being serious. I close my locker and walk away.

Later

Once the bell rings, I head to my locker, put my school in there, grab my other stuff in there, close the said locker, and leave school. I walk into town when I see Dr. Minyak, who I'm surprised isn't in jail yet, being chase by Captain Man and Kid Danger? That might explain I didn't see Hen before I left school for the day. Ray must have called him and needed him right as school ended. I try to stay out of the way until one of Dr. Minyak's goons grabs me and drags me along. Hen sees that I've been caught and tries to go after the goon that has gotten me while Ray goes after Dr. Minyak.

"Hey! Stop right there!" Hen does catch up to the goon that has me and tackles him. The goon lets me go and I try to run until Dr. Minyak grabs me. Great. This is so not how I wanted my day to go. Dr. Minyak points a weapon to me and I am now a hostage. What is going to happen next?

"Don't come any closer or I shoot the girl!" I could fight Dr. Minyak off but, A. I'm tired from school and B. Not in the best position to fight him off right now. I could try to fight him from my position but, I'm going to end up hurting myself than hurting Minyak. Ray and Hen seem conflicted. Do they risk capturing Minyak and saving me which could get me killed or also risk Minyak just kidnapping me? This goes on for a few minutes before Ray disappears, only for him to reappear and tackle Minyak.

"Argh." Minyak falls and I get out of his grasp. Hen helps me up.

"Get her out of here!" Hen does as Ray tells him and we leave Ray to fight Minyak.

"Hey, you ok?" Hen asks me when we're far enough away from the fight.

"Yea. You?"

"Yea." We sit in silence until Hen speaks up.

"Tess."

"Yea, Hen?"

"I'm really sorry that I accused Charlotte of being a job stealer and for freaking out when I found out that Charlotte went to fight a villain with Ray." I turn to look at Hen. He seems serious.

"Are you really sorry?"

"Yes, I am really sorry. Will you forgive me?" I think about it for a minute or so, just to mess with him.

"I forgive you. Just don't do that again."

"Deal." Hen and I hug which feels nice and makes my cheeks start to heat up. OH MY GOD! Seriously! He apologized! Not ask me out on a date! He's dating Bianca. Hopefully, these feelings die off soon.