41

Tess

Ah, Christmas! One of the wonderful times of the year to be with people you love. Lucky for me, I got friends and friend's families to spend Christmas with. Helping out with this Christmas breakfast with Hen and Ray or Captain Man and Kid Danger. Hen comes out and everyone cheers. 

"Good morning. Well, it's December 24th and that means, welcome to Captain Man's third annual Christmas Breakfast. Thank you. Oh, that's nice. Oh. You know, it's really great to--"

"Hey, shut up and feed us!" Aren't you just a ball of sunshine? Not. 

"Just a moment, sir."

"I'm a woman!" She does look like a male hobo.

"Sorry, ma'am. And now I present your handsome host, the guy who paid for all of this, Swellview's most important citizen... Captain Man." Ray comes out and balloons fall? Wow. He really goes all out for this event. 

"Thank you. Yes. Yes. I know, I know."

"All right, everybody get up here and the Christmas." I put on a hair net and help with the food. 

"Here, Kid, put this on." Ray hands Hen a hair net. 

"Ew. I don't want to wear a hair net." By law, you have to. 

"You have to wear one. You're serving food. It's city law."

"All right. But I'm doing this begrudgingly." Hen puts on the hair net.

"Hey, how come you're not wearing a hair net?" 

"He should be wearing one!" Ray laughs. 

"Lots of reasons. First, I'm Captain Man. Second, I'm very handsome and I do not wear hair nets." You should be wearing one since you are serving food. The male hobo woman comes by. Ok, I know I dress Tomboyish but, even I don't look like a male hobo. 

"Hey, are these reindeer eggs locally sourced?" Ok, those are at most any type of bird eggs. Reindeer don't lay eggs. They give birth naturally. They're mammal. 

"I, I don't know."

"Well, I won't eat eggs unless they're locally sourced." Good for you. Now, please move along. You're holding up the fucking line! 

"Okay, good for you." 

"Hey, why aren't you wearing a hair net?" Wow, she is loud and annoying. Yes, Ray should be wearing a hair net but, still! She didn't need to preach it. 

"Lots of reasons. One..."

"Shut up!" What a bitch!

"You know, I'm guessing you don't get invited to a lot of parties." Or get a lot of dates. Or doesn't get laid a lot. The male hobo woman leaves the line with her food. The Vice Mayor comes by. 

"Hey, Captain Man, Captain Man."

"Ah, yes, Vice Mayor Willard." 

"Yeah, hi. There's a reporter here from KLVY News, she wants to do an interview with you."

"Oh, it's not Evelyn Hall, is it?"

"Yeah, I believe it is." 

"Ah, crud. Hey, listen--" 

"I'll bring her over."

"No, no, please don't, arg." 

"What's the problem?" 

"I took this reporter out on a date last week and I told her I'd text her the next day and I didn't." The Vice Mayor and News team walk over to where Hen and Ray are.