16

Tess

At Hen's house, waiting for him so we can get to school. Hen is on his laptop, looking at something. 

"Henry, come on, we got to get to school." 

"Relax. I'm almost done." 

"You better not make us tardy."

"I was born tardy. My mom says that's why my feet are so big." 

"Boom, done." 

"What?"

"I just got tickets to Valentine's Day at Club Soda." 

"Shut up! For real?" 

"Yeah, man."

"Well, guess who's going to be working there?"

"Wait. What is Club Soda?" 

"It's this cool new club just for teens, and they have every kind of soda you can think of." 

"Uh-huh. And I'm getting paid five bucks an hour to guard the door and make sure only legit teenagers get in." 

"He also begged the owners to have my ticket be free since he's working there, even though I offered to pay the price." 

"Well, me and Bianca are way legit." 

"Ooh, you're taking Bianca out on Valentine's Day?" 

"Yeah, I am." 

"Nice. How'd you ask her?" 

"I didn't yet." 

"Henry!" 

"You better call Bianca right now."

"Why?" 

"Because Valentine's day is tomorrow and girls like to be asked in advance."

"Oh I think I know how girls work. Up top."

"Like a mop." Boys are idiots. Sometimes cute idiots, but idiots regardless.

"What does 'like a mop' mean?" 

"I don't know, I shouldn't have said it." We head off to school.

At School

Hen walks up to Bianca, who is at the water fountain. 

"Boo." Hen makes Bianca almost drown on the water. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"That's okay. Hi." 

"Hey. So chickity check it." Hen shows Bianca the tickets that are on the phone screen. 

"Two tickets, you and me, tomorrow night. Yeah. Valentine's day. That's right." Of course, how a lot of girls want to be asked out a day before Valentine's Day. 

"I'm going to keep saying things until you smile." 

"Henry, I can't go with you to Club Soda tomorrow."

"But I bought us tickets for Valentine's Day." Dumbass! She at most already has a date. 

"Well, you should've asked me a week ago." Bianca starts to walk away, and I see Char in the distance. 

"Oh, come on. What? You, like, wanted me to officially ask you out?" DUH!! 

"Yes. That's how girls work." Char coughs to show that she was right. Bianca turns to look at Char. 

"Sorry. I just swallowed some 'told you so.'" Char walks away and Bianca turns back to Hen. 

"Come on, Bianca."