23

Tess

After Schwoz says that, we fall asleep and land in Hen's dream. Char lands on the floor and I land on top of her. 

"Sorry, Char." I get off Char and I help her up. Char and I walk over to Dream Hen. 

"Hey."

"Charlotte. Tess. How'd you two get here? I don't care." Hen rushes to hug us. Unless he wants to end up brain dead, I don't think he wants to know how we got here. 

"Good."

"I'm just glad to see you both."

"Why? Anything strange going on?"

"Everything. I had the weirdest day at school. And then I come home and it's even weirder here." 

"What's so weird?" 

"Well, for one thing, my parents. For reason, they look and sound different. Like Kim and Kanye." We look at the kitchen and see Kim and Kanye replace Mr. and Mrs. Hart. 

"Hi, Charlotte and Teresa!"

"I'm a genius!" Someone's got a ego. 

"Cool."

"Why do my parents look and sound like Kim and Kanye?" 

"Do they? I didn't notice." Really, Char?" 

"Well, maybe you'll notice that Piper has a beard, and she's playing the lute." Char and I look behind us and see Piper with a beard and a lute. 

🎵 I gave my love a chicken 🎵

🎵That had no face 🎵 Oook. Hen turns Char and I to face him. 

"Why is she singing that?" 

"I really--"

"All chickens have faces."

"So, maybe--"

"Oh, and did you see Jasper?" We turn around again, and Jasp is a floating head that is next to his body. Ok, what was in that laser beam that became more weirder from the coffee? 

"Henry, will you please help get back on my body?" Jasp's body takes off. 

"Hey! Come back!" Jasp starts to go after his body. 

"I thought we were a team!" 

"Did you see that? I feel like I'm in some weird, freaky dream." 

"You're not!"

"Huh?"

"You're not having a dream. Just go upstairs and try to put Jasper's head back on his body." 

"Okay. That makes sense." Hen heads to the stairs and starts to run up the stairs. 

"Jasper! I don't know what you think you're doing, but it's not natural!" Char and I head outside. Once we're outside, Char flips the watch open. 

"Ray!" Ray appears in the watch.

"Charlotte! Tessa! Did you find Henry?" 

"Yeah. We're inside of his dream."

"Ooh, what's it like?" 

"Weird." 

"Well, how weird?" 

"You really need a number?"

"Yes. From one to ten." 

"Hang on, let us check." Char flips the watch close, we open the door and see the madness. Hen's "parents" are dancing, I think. Piper is playing with her beard.