Internship

(Patrick is now 3)

A couple months have gone by and It is now 9:53 PM and I am pacing back and forth worried with Clint sitting on the couch also worried because Peter has not come home yet.

"Where the hell is my son?!" I exclaimed scared just as the door opens and closes. 

I whirl around and see Peter standing in the room with an oversized NYC tourist t-shirt and Pajama pants.

"Hey mom/dad." He said quietly.

"What the hell! You can not do that! I thought I lost you, I just got you back!" I yelled my voice shaking as Peter stands in the middle of the living room.

"Five. We have called five of your friends, Peter" I said trying to keep my voice from cracking as Peter stands in front of me shaking.

"We even called May!" I cried as Peter continues to shake. 

"I'm fine." Peter said and I sit on the couch.

"I called Ned's mother, Peter!" Clint added on making Peter shake even more.

"Mom/Dad, I'm fine honestly, I'm fine. Please relax." He begged us and tries to go to his room but I stand in front of him

"No! Peter, we know you left detention. That's not okay! You need to tell me and your father what's going on! Please just tell me." I said holding back tears.

What happens next makes me start crying, Peter's eyes fill up with tears, I hug him feeling him rest his head on my chest crying wrapping his arms around me.

"I lost the Stark Internship." He said.

"What?" I asked as he pulls away.

"Yeah." He said.

What happened." Clint asked standing in front of him.

"I screwed up." Peter said and I hug him again as I look at Clint.

"I'll be back, I'm going to talk to Stark." Clint said.

"Dad, don't be mad." Peter begged but Clint had already left.

A couple hours later Clint comes back smiling as Peter, Patrick and I watch a comedy eating popcorn.

He clears his throat and we all look up at him.

"Hey babe" I said.

"Hey dad/daddy." The boys said at the same time.

"You got your Stark Internship back kid." Clint said and Peter jumps over the couch hugging him tightly 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said making Clint laugh and for me to smile.

"What are we doing?" Clint asked as Peter sits back down next to Patrick. 

"We're about to watch Grown Ups, wanna join?" I asked and Clint nods sitting next to me tossing his left arm over my shoulder grabbing some of Peter's popcorn.

"Hey!" Peter whined.

"Pete, I need you to be careful at the dance, okay." I said looking at him and he nods 

"Okay." He said.

"I love you Peter." I said kissing the top of his head.

"Love you too mom." Peter said resting his head on my shoulder.