Upstate New York Avengers HQ

I was able to catch up with the team, we laughed, cried and just having a good time, Natasha pulled me aside and told me that she was proud of me and Clint for raising Patrick and Peter as well as we are. We get to HQ, we walk off the Quinjet heading inside.

"I missed this." I said when we reach Rhodes we all go quiet frowning Steve has a hand on Clint's shoulder as he takes a step forward and Natasha has both her hands on my shoulders making sure that I don't do anything reckless.

'Well son of a bitch would you look at that, I'm surprised that your not in the hospital." I said tilting my head to the side smirking.

"Oh well if it isn't the girl out of time, the woman that left her son." Ross said and my smirk drops  as my hands heat up and become fire.

"Watch your mouth." Clint said taking a step closer.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve said stiffly crossing his arms.

"You got some nerve, I'll give you that." Ross said.

"We could say the same to you сука." I said and Natasha smirks lightly looking down.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross asked and I roll my eyes shaking my head.

"I'm not asking for forgiveness, and I'm far from asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender Tony and Faith here also lost her son Peter who has gone with him. So we're to fight." Stevie said.

"And if you stand in our way...we'll fight you too. And trust me when I say this, Clint and Faith won't hesitate to do so because you tortured her in Solitary Confinement." Steve said and I let my hands become ice and Clint rests a hand on one of  his arrows as we smirk.

  "Arrest her." Ross said indicating towards me and Clint starts to pull the arrow out.

"All over it." Rhodes said before punching Ross in the face, knocking him down.

Sam grabs him and drags him out making Clint and I grin slightly before I kiss Clint making him grin before we pull back.

"I didn't get to do that earlier." I said with a laugh.

"It's great to see you Cap." Rhodey said.

"You too Rhodey." Steve said hugging him quickly.

Rhodey then hugs Natasha and Clint before hugging me.

"It's really good to see you Rhodey." I said with a laugh backing away.

"Yeah. Well... You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple years." Rhodey said with a smile as Clint wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, well the hotels weren't exactly 5 star." Sam said as he holds Vision up.

"And when you live with 3 boys... there's never really a lot of time to look good. Don't get me wrong I love my boys and stuff but oh my god, this one tends to leave the toilet seat up, Patrick likes to throw his toys and Peter has stuff everywhere. My boys are just crazy. Patrick looks a lot like his father and is just as crazy as he is. He's always playing with his tow bow and arrow. Why did you have to get him that, Clint?" I asked turning to him crossing my arms.

"What? If he wants a bow and arrow then he's gonna get a bow and arrow." Clint said and I huff rolling my eyes.

"Okay fine. Anyway, Peter is a good boy, he doesn't go out and try to do things that he shouldn't be doing..." I started but trail off making Pietro laugh.

"Nah, he is a good kid though, he just goes around saving people and constantly almost getting hurt in the process." I said.

"I think you all look great...Uh...Heh...Yeah...I'm back" Bruce said from behind us.

"Bruce!" I exclaimed and hug him tightly making him laugh.

"Hi Bruce." Natasha said smiling as I back away from the hug 

"Nat." Bruce said.

  I look over at Clint who shrugs awkwardly as Sam looks down holding Vision up.

"This is awkward." Sam whispered and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah really awkward." Pietro said quietly and then is smacked in the arm by Wanda.

~~~~

All of us move to the other room 

"So we gotta assume they're coming back right?" Rhodey asked.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda added.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Thor?" I asked.

"Uh, not here." Bruce said.

"Yeah, I know that but why?" I asked.

"Loki died." Bruce said and I stare at him with wide eyes.

"Oh god." Natasha and I muttered under our breath.

"Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he gets what he wants which is the mind stone...that is in Vision's forehead." Bruce explained as I lean back taking a breath at the information that the team and I are given. 

"Well then we have to protect it." Natasha said and Vision shakes his head no. 

"No we have to destroy it. I've been given a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about it's nature. But also a composition. I think that if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similar to it's own signature, perhaps... it's molecular integrity could fail." Vision said to Wanda as he walks towards her and Pietro.

Pietro leans back in his seat itching the back of his head. 

I rub my temples feeling a headache coming. 

Vision gives me headaches with his long words and intelligence , I feel like an idiot standing next to him

"And you with it. We're not talking about this." Wanda said 

"Eliminate the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision said trying to explain to Wanda but she won't take it.

"It's too high of a risk." She argued as I bite my lower lip watching before looking at Pietro who meets me glance before looking away also feeling a bit uncomfortable. 

Vision grabs both of her hands kneeling down in front of her.

"Only you have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half of the universe. One life can't stand in the way of defeating him." Vision said.

Wanda stands up and walks away making Pietro chase after her quickly, Steve looks down thinking of what to say. 

"But it should. We don't trade lives Vision." Steve said as I look around.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save millions of people. Tell me, how is this any different." Vision asked him.

Steve takes a breath looking away as Bruce steps in speaking.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind's made up of a complex construct of overlays." Bruce said as I sit forward speaking for the first time.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, Ultron, Tony, Bruce, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from each other everyday." I said to Vision sharing a look with Bruce who nods.

"Your saying that Vision isn't just the Stone?" Wanda asked crossing her arms.

"We're saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts." Bruce said.

"Can we do that?" Natasha asked us and Bruce and I shake our heads.

"Not me. Not here." Bruce said and I share a look with Clint biting my lower lip nervously as he nods. 

"You better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let Faith have her old room back." Rhodey said and I sigh looking away from Clint.

You see between being a mother, I spent time down in Wakanda with Shuri and T'Challa getting to know them and becoming close to them and they had told me that if I ever need anything that I can come down and they will do whatever they can.

"I know where to go." I said pulling a hand through my short hair.