Chapter 10

It had been an eventful night.

They had made it back to the dorms safely, reuniting there with George, but then they heard the news that Ron, Hermione and Harry had faced the Mountain Troll and won in the girl's lavatories.

But that morning when Leona sat down to eat breakfast, George appeared first, without Fred, the twin having been called over by Wood to go over plans for the match today.

"Hey, Georgie. Can I ask you something?" she asked him.

"Well, you just did, but knock yourself out," he said as he stuffed his mouth with bacon, Leona rolling her eyes.

"Why was Fred acting all weird and overprotective yesterday? He's never been like that before. Not even when I took a bludger to the head in that game we played against Slytherin last year."

George swallowed thickly, food and all.

"To be honest, I - oh look! Harry's broom's arrived," George said as he pointed to where Harry's white owl was flying towards her owner with a wrapped broom in her claws, quickly changing the subject.

"This is not over," she said as she pointed a finger at the Weasley who'd stuffed his mouth again and nodded warily as she got up from the bench.

"You're welcome, by the way," Leona said as she slid onto the bench next to Ron, opposite Harry and Hermione.

"You did this?" Harry asked in surprise.

"I helped organise it, yes. Oh, and ignore what that git tells you," she said pointing over to where Snape sat.

"How'd you know what he said?" Ron asked and she shrugged.

"He always tries to psych out our newest members. Don't let him get to you. Tried to do it to me last year, it didn't work, and we ended up winning the Quidditch Cup. He hates me even though I'm the best at Potions in my year."

"Why does he hate you?" Harry asked and Lena met his blue eyes.

"That's a story for another day. But do watch out. Slytherin like to play dirty. I took a bludger to the head last year."

"And you were alright?" Hermione asked worriedly, and Leona grinned at the girl.

"A headache like no other but I was perfectly fine. But, right now, you need to eat that, or you're not getting on this broom. I won't have you falling off in the middle of the game from lack of energy."

Harry only eagerly shoved a forkful of scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"Good," she smiled as she stood. "See you on the pitch."

"Leona," Harry called before she walked away.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

She gave him a warm smile. One that was genuine.

"You're welcome."