Chapter 87

(A/N: Half-blood prince. Let's go. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

The store had no name printed on the front.

After all, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes didn't need it. Not with a giant face that resembled the twins' out front, one that lifted its hat up and down, a bunny appearing and disappearing from on top of its head.

They were the only safe store on Diagon Alley.

The place had been bought, painted and customised with Harry's Triwizard winnings and even some of Leona's money from the Black vault, the twins not bothering to protest after recent events. It gave her something to work on after all.

And the only reason that they were safe was because of Leona's presence. Not to mention the layers and layers of protection charms they'd placed on the place.

Death eaters had been attacking the various stores on Diagon alley for months now, not to mention all the other havoc they'd wreaked on the streets of London. The once bright and joyous place now dark and gloomy, much like Knockturn alley.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes was an attempt to change that.

And the trio had done nothing but work, setting up the store, ordering in and fixing up last-minute products and having Leona magically fix up their face that was literally the face of their store because the twins decided that their face was much more handsome than the one that they'd ordered.

But nothing more could be done today.

Because today was opening day and the store could not have been more filled with smiles and laughter.

It could not have been brighter.

"Step up! Step up!" the twins called from the stairs in the middle of the three-story shop, both of them dressed in rather smart suits.

"We've got fainting fancies," Fred announced, as they watched the pink doll on a unicycle that resembled Umbridge, make its way across a tightrope as it said, "I will have order."

That was probably their favourite part of the store.

"Nosebleed Nougats!" George added as they dodged some of the flying products they had. "And just in time for school!"

"Puking pastilles," Fred proclaimed before they both rounded on a short, small boy who was likely a second-year.

"Into the cauldron, handsome," they chorused as George handed him one, the boy with a hesitant look on his face.

The twins couldn't have been happier in this moment. This was what they'd been working for their whole lives.

And it was better than anything they could've imagined.

"Peruvian instant darkness powder," Harry read as he approached a night sky display, Fred sliding over on a ladder and George standing behind him with his hands in his pockets.

"A real money-spinner that one," George said.

"Lena's idea naturally, but handy if you need to make a quick getaway," Fred explained as he tossed a piece into Harry's hand.

He, Ron, Hermione and Remus were here for the opening of the store.

"Where is she anyway?" Harry asked.

"Oh, handling paperwork. She hasn't stopped working since we moved in," George said.

"But she'll be down soon. We have a surprise for her, you and Lupin," Freddy said as they moved over to the magical register that rested behind a countertop.

They hadn't really wanted to hire anyone to work for them, deciding to handle every aspect of the store themselves, one way or another.

"Hello ladies," they sang as they approached Hermione and Ginny who were looking at small bottles in a bright pink flower-like display.

"Love potions, eh?" Fred asked with a raised eyebrow, a glowing bottle in each of the girl's hands.

"Yeah, they really do work. Lena's own special recipe, tested and proven," George said with a smirk.

"Then again, the way we hear it sis, you're doing just fine on your own," Fred said, matching his brother's grin.

"Meaning?" Ginny asked with a confused look.

"Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" George asked, Harry's face slightly hurt as he stood behind them.

"Don't worry little brother," Leona said as she appeared next to him, parchment files in hand. "They're cute, but they won't last. She's been in love with you for years," she explained as she slung a hand over Harry's shoulder.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he replied, and she raised a brow at him.

"If you say so."

"My dear," came a voice, and the siblings turned to see Remus smiling at them.

"Uncle Remus," Leona smiled warmly as she hugged him, the man then taking a step back to admire the pantsuit and heels she wore, her brunette waves pulled back into a sleek ponytail.

"This is quite the accomplishment. I'm impressed, as I'm sure your father would be."

Her smile was sad, but it was a smile, nonetheless.

"I'd like to hope so."

"Now," Remus said as he rubbed his hands together. "What is it that you had to show us?" he asked, gesturing to him and Harry.

"I actually have no idea. The twins said that it was a surprise for me, but that they also had one for the two of you? I don't know! They were very vague about the whole thing," she rambled.

"Talking about us?" came the familiar voice of the twins as they approached the trio.

"Our takings for the first hour," she said as she handed them the parchments with a smirk and their eyes widened as they looked at it.

"You're joking?!" George exclaimed.

"Far from it," she retorted and the twins high-fived. Though the store was mainly to bring joy and laughter to everyone, the money was a nice bonus. That and they also had a fair bit of expenses to pay for.

"Now, what's this bloody surprise you have?" Harry asked as Ron and Hermione joined them.

"Follow us," was all they said as they began to walk up the stairs, stopping before they got to the fourth level that Leona had been told was going to be used as their experimenting level to test and create new products. She hadn't even been bothered to go in there seeing as she had more important tasks and that area wasn't to be allowed to the public, a glamour spell keeping them out.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" the twins boomed, silence falling across the store.

"This store may be called Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, but this place would not be alive and many of these products unproduced, if not for the efforts and smarts of our partner and best friend, Leona Black," George announced as everyone burst into applause, Leona giving a bashful smile as her godfather side hugged her proudly.

"So, in honour of her and all the years of research, development, hard work and love that she's put into this store and in us, we give you..." Fred trailed off as the twins pulled out their wands.

"THE BLACK LEVEL!"

And the glamour spell dropped to reveal the fourth level of the store.