Chapter 66

The boys had complained Leona's ears off after their first DADA lesson.

The pink woman literally had the entire school learning out of a yellow book with the words: Defence Against the Dark Arts for Beginner's, printed on it.

But what was worse was when Umbridge was appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor, giving the small woman almost as much power as Dumbledore.

And so began the hanging of decrees.

One by one, Umbridge began filling the large stone walls outside the Great Hall with frames dictating the 'educational' degrees she could make as High Inquisitor.

Oh, but the one she made banning Weasley products was a bad move on her part.

Because the decree read 'All Weasley Products were to be banned immediately'. They never said anything about Weasley and Black products.

And when that didn't seem to impress her, they were just slyer about their sales; sales that had never been better.

Though Umbridge was a bitch, she was a bitch that was good for business.

But that was until came the day that she dismissed Professor Trelawney and attempted to kick her out of the castle as they stood in the front courtyard surrounded by students, the ex-Professor surrounded by her suitcases as she cried.

And Fred's hands on Leona was the only thing keeping her back from running out there and spelling the smug smile off that pink monster's face.

"16 years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this," she sobbed as she clutched the little bag she had in her hands and Leona's heart, like so many others, broke for her. But there was nothing they could do without Umbridge having them arrested.

And that woman had been dying to get her hands on Leona.

"Actually, I can," she smirked as she held up the page with the decree that she had the authority to dismiss teachers, i.e., Professor Trelawney.

And then Professor McGonagall arrived as she pulled the crying witch into a hug, Trelawney resting her head on McGonagall's shoulder as Leona hugged Fred tight and vice versa, a solemn, sorrowful silence washing over them all, even the Slytherin's.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asked.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say," McGonagall fired back before shushing the wailing woman.

And then the castle doors creaked open.

And there stood Dumbledore before he made his way down a few stairs and into the courtyard.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" he asked, and the trembling professor clasped Dumbledore's hand as she made incoherent sounds of thanks, McGonagall's arm still around her.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree number 23, as enacted by the Minister -"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers," Dumbledore interrupted, Umbridge unhappy with his words. "You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

And Leona's blood boiled at Umbridge's answer.

"For now," the pink woman had smiled, and the brunette witch curled her fists.

"Rosalee, calm down. You need to control your emotions, remember? " Fred whispered into her ear, George at their side should he need to intervene.

"I hate her almost as much as I hate Pettigrew, Freddy, I can't control it," she said as she could feel the power building behind the wall of willpower, she placed in front of it. She dreaded the day that that wall broke.

Fred slipped his hand under her robes, palm warm against the thin cotton of her school shirt as he trailed subtle kisses down her neck.

"Breathe, Rosalee. Breathe," he whispered, and the power seemed to drain from her as she relaxed against Fred, savouring his touch as she exhaled deeply.

"Don't you all having studying to do?" boomed Dumbledore's voice as he headed back inside the castle, students clamouring as they dispersed.

"I need to send a message to Padfoot," Leona said as she stood straight, and the twins followed her wordlessly to the Owlery.

And it was that night that she received a reply.