Chapter 59

They talked about everything.

From the receiving of her Hogwarts letter to her first Quidditch game to the Yule ball, leaving out a few choice events naturally, but she told him about everything.

The conversation turned serious though when the Weasley's came downstairs, and the adults revealed the real reason why the family had temporarily relocated to Grimmauld Place.

Sirius had offered up his family home to Dumbledore as Headquarters.

Headquarters for the secret organisation founded by Dumbledore in the first Wizarding War, the Order of the Phoenix.

And the family would be staying there for the entire summer, something Leona had absolutely no problem with, even though a large reason why they were there was for her safety.

Though she had been very careful about when and where she used her wandless abilities, they didn't want to take the risk that someone could find them at the Burrow, which was a relatively well-known place.

The only downside was that they weren't allowed to talk to Harry at all over the summer. He was to be kept in the dark about all this until absolutely necessary.

But after that conversation was done, everything seemed to lighten up slightly after that.

Sirius loved not being the only one in this giant house and delighted in the company, even that of his daughter's boyfriend, whom he couldn't help but be impressed with when he and George showed Sirius some of the products they'd created.

But when Leona's 17th birthday arrived halfway through the holidays, her father sat her down to ask her a very important question.

"Rose, you are of age now. And as such, I believe you are old enough to make a choice. Mind you it's dangerous, potentially deadly, and you're still in school so I completely understand if you say no."

"Dad, what is it?" she asked, and Sirius sighed.

"Would you like to join the Order of the Phoenix?"

She inhaled deeply.

And she already knew her answer.

"You don't have to decide right now but -"

"Yes."

"What?"

"Yes. I want to join."

Sirius took her hand. "Are you sure? This is not a decision you should make rashly."

"I'm sure. For one reason, I am very sure."

"And that is?" Sirius asked with a raised brow.

"Peter Pettigrew."

Sirius sat back in his chair, not having expected that as her answer.

"Mum was killed because of Peter Pettigrew. Because of him and his allegiance to Voldemort. And you were framed for murder and imprisoned in Azkaban because of him. And he fooled his way into my house and family. I lost you for 13 years because of him. So yes, I will join. I want to help stop Peter and Voldemort by any means possible."

Sirius pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry, my Rose. You won't lose me again."