Chapter 23

After helping Harry to the hospital wing after Professor Lockhart had attempted to fix Harry's arm only to remove all the bones from it, Leona was heading back to the common room when her name was called by Professor Dumbledore.

"Yes, Professor?" she asked the older wizard who looked at her with a soft smile.

"Come with me."

Leona followed him to his office, up the spiral staircase, and sat in the chair opposite his desk. "That was quite the magical feat you performed today."

"I suppose. To be honest, I'm not too sure what it was that I did."

"I knew one other student who could perform wandless magic as powerfully as you did," he admitted and Leona raised her brows, intrigued.

"Who?"

"Your mother," he smiled.

"My mother?"

"Odette was a lot like you. Actually, there is a lot of both of your parents in you. She was an avid student and a brilliant Chaser; she would be proud of all you've accomplished."

"Thank you, Professor. But, if I may ask, why did you call me here to talk about my mother?"

Dumbledore pursed his lips.

"Because it was her ability to do wandless magic that made her quite the threat to Lord Voldemort."

"My mother was a threat to him?" Leona asked, quite surprised.

"Very much so. And I brought you here to warn you."

"Warn me?"

"Yes. Your mother gave you an ability others would kill to control. I will help fix the memories of those who saw you perform that spell today, but be very careful who you tell. Be very careful who you practice in front of. And above all, control your emotions. They are what triggered your ability in the first place."

Leona stood.

"Thank you, Professor. I appreciate your words of warning."

Dumbledore nodded.

"Have a good day, Miss Black."

And the first thought in Leona's head was, 'I have to tell Fred."