Chapter 128

A year.

They lasted a year before Molly, Ginny and Hermione couldn't take it anymore.

Despite both of them wanting to get married, they still had a lot of healing and grieving to do after the war, everyone did. As well as the fact that they knew everyone would make a big fuss about it.

But a year after Voldemort's demise, the three women had had enough.

It was time to celebrate their love.

It was time for them to get married.

And between the three women, the couple barely had to lift a finger.

And seeing as they no longer had to worry about death eaters crashing the wedding, it had been set at this gorgeous little beach in Dorset, but the reception was going to be held in the great hall at Hogwarts.

When McGonagall had heard that the wedding planning had begun, she had instantly offered up the great hall as a choice for the reception as all the students would be on their end of year holiday and no one would be at the castle.

Considering that the Daily Prophet had started calling it the wedding of the century and half the Wizarding World wanted an invite, it seemed like a good choice.

In actuality, they weren't actually inviting that many people.

It was going to be a family affair, with their close friends as well.

It was now the night before their wedding and Rosalee's bags were packed as she sat in the living room of their house, anxiously twisting her mother's engagement ring that now rested on her finger.

When they'd finally returned home after the Battle of Hogwarts, the first thing Fred did was retrieve the ring from where he'd hidden it after Remus had given it to him.

He'd then gotten on one knee and asked the love of his life to marry him properly, resulting in her laughing as she cried happy tears.

"What's going through your mind Rose?" a voice asked and she looked up as Fred joined her on the couch, sitting on the edge next to her after he'd just dropped off more of Teddy's stuff at Harry's, it being his month with his godson.

"I'm just missing my dad. And my mother. Uncle Remus too. They all should've been here for this," she said somewhat sadly as she continued to twist her ring before Fred took her hands, bringing them to his lips.

"And they're all still with you. They're all watching over you and I know that they want to be here too, but they couldn't be more proud of you."

Rosalee shifted, moving over so that she could rest her head on Fred's chest as she held him in a hug.

"I can't wait to marry you."

He chuckled.

"I've wanted to marry you since I saw you walk down those stairs at the Yule Ball. Or maybe when I watched you surf on a broom and burn giant spiders alive to save my little brother. No actually, I think that's when I realised that I was starting to fall in love with you."

Her smile was warm as she held on tighter to Fred, their legs tangled together.

"There wasn't a specific moment for me. It was more so the little things," Rosalee began, Fred listening intently. "The way you always stood up for me, how you always know what to say to make me feel better. But what really cemented the fact was how you told off Harry when he threatened to kill my dad."

"You realised you loved me because I yelled at your brother?" he scoffed as he looked down at her.

"Yes and no," she said as she looked up at him. "It was more because you didn't care who he was to me, you weren't going to let him hurt me."

Fred kissed her forehead.

"Merlin, I really don't want to leave now," he muttered as he pulled her closer to him, half her body on his as she trembled with laughter.

"You'll see me tomorrow. I'll be the one in white," she said.

"I'm still not letting you go for a while."

"Me either."

And silence washed over them as their eyes closed and they simply held each other before Rosalee finally broke the silence.

"Hey, Freddy?"

"Yeah?" he asked, eyes still closed.

"I love you."

He smiled as his eyes cracked open and he brought his lips down to hers.

"I love you too."