Chapter 43

Madam Pomfrey had been able to cure the twins, Dumbledore having anticipated that they'd be the first to attempt putting their names into the Goblet even though they were underage.

Leona was still a little annoyed with them, as was Ginny when she heard the story, instantly whacking her brothers on the back of the head.

It was now Thursday night as they all gathered in the great hall, people lounging on the empty tables and claiming one of the many benches that had been scattered throughout the space.

"Sit down! Sit down, please," Dumbledore called, all the students anxious rushing to their seats as they awaited the selection of the Champions. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the Champion Selection!"

His hand stretched out, reducing the fires in the hanging pits to a few flickers of flame before approaching the Goblet.

And as his hands touched the goblet before he moved away, the flames turning red as it spewed out a piece of parchment into the air that Dumbledore caught.

"The Durmstrang Champion is, Viktor Krum!"

The boys from the school cheered loudly for their friend as he too punched the air in celebration before heading down to shake Dumbledore's hand, then being guided to a door behind the teacher's table.

As he disappeared from the room, the fire turned red again as another name was chosen.

"The Champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacor!"

Applause sounded as the girl made her way to Dumbledore, shaking his hand before being guided to the same door that Krum had been.

The third and final Champion.

"The Hogwarts Champion... Cedric Diggory."

And the applause was deafening as the boy walked towards Dumbledore with a smile, taking a second to hug Leona before disappearing behind the same door as Viktor and Fleur.

She had been the one to help him decide if he should enter or not. His friends had been pressuring him to do it as he was one of the only people in their year that was 17. And after their trip to the Quidditch world cup together, Cedric went to Leona for advice.

She didn't push him either way, just helped him clear his head so he could see what he wanted to do.

So, he put his name in the Goblet.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore exclaimed. "We now have our three Champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory... The Triwizard Cup!"

And with a finger pointed at it, the cloth that covered the shining trophy flew off.

But as people cheered, Professor Snape moved forward, a confused look on his face as he looked at the Goblet in the centre of the room behind Dumbledore.

And as the older wizard approached it, the fire turned red again, which could only mean one thing.

There was another Champion.

Fred gripped Leona's hand in anxiety just as Leona's reached for his and Dumbledore caught the fourth piece of paper that the Goblet had spewed out.

"Harry Potter," he mumbled but people heard him enough that they erupted in whispers. "Harry Potter?" Dumbledore called again, and Leona's eyes fell to where her godbrother sank into his seat, hoping he heard wrong. "HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore bellowed and Hermione pushed Harry up from his seat.

The entire hall was silent as Harry made his way to Dumbledore who handed him the parchment with his name on it.

And Harry had no choice but to walk towards the door the others had disappeared behind, taking the words of the few people that called him a cheat for not being 17 yet.

Dumbledore dismissed them after that, Leona practically running from the hall.

She had to tell her father.