Chapter 21

Dressed in their Quidditch robes, the Gryffindor team headed for the pitch, brooms and bats in hand.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier harder and longer," Oliver explained as they walked.

"Because you don't already work us to death Ollie," Leona joked, but no one laughed as they noted all the people in green heading in the same direction they were.

"I don't believe it," Oliver groaned as they intercepted the Slytherins. "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

"Quidditch practice," Flint said as if it should've been obvious.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Oliver shot back.

"Easy Wood, I've got a note," Flint explained as he handed over the scroll that Oliver read aloud.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, only for the need to train their new Seeker. You have a new Seeker, who?" Oliver asked as he finished reading, Ron and Hermione standing near the Slytherin team.

And the team parted to reveal Draco Malfoy dressed in green.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year," Draco grinned as he flaunted his broom, the same sleek black broom that all the Slytherins held.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's! How did you get those?" Ron asked.

"A gift from Draco's father," Marcus answered.

"See Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco boasted.

"We'll see who wins the Quidditch Cup this year," Leona piped up in challenge, Marcus glaring at her as she jerked her eyebrows at him.

"And at least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent," Hermione added and Draco only moved closer to her.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood."

Leona was appalled.

She wanted to curse him a million different ways, but Ron beat her to the punch as he tried to curse Malfoy only for his broken wand to make the curse backfire as he was thrown backwards.

The twins, Harry, Hermione, Leona and most of the Gryffindor team ran toward him as Ron threw up a slug.

"Take him to Hagrid. He should know what to do. If he doesn't, try the Hospital Wing," Leona advised and Harry nodded as he helped Ron to his feet and Leona turned to Hermione, bending down to her height. "And you, don't even listen to a word he says. People like him are never happy. Don't let him ruin your happiness," Leona said, noting how misty Hermione's eyes were as she nodded and ran after her friends and then Leona turned on the Slytherins.

"As for you snakes," she began as she stood toe-to-toe with Marcus. "Train all you want; you won't beat us. You may have shiny new broomsticks, but can you surf on yours?"

The team was silent.

"That's what I thought. The broom doesn't make the player."

And Leona marched back to the common room, broom in hand and fire in her veins.

And people fled from her path. You would too if the daughter of Sirius Black, the notorious murder, was storming towards you with a murderous look on her face.

"You better go calm her down before she punches somebody," George said to his twin.

"Tell her to save her anger for the game," Oliver added.

Fred only rolled his eyes before jogging after his girlfriend.