Chapter 84

Bellatrix was truly mad as she ran through the main hall of the Ministry singing, "I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!"

"CRUCIO!" Leona screamed as her hand balled into a fist, her wand long gone as Bellatrix fell to the floor.

It seemed to take a while before she even began to yell out in pain as Leona only tightened her fist.

"That's right Auntie Bella. Feel it. I want you to feel it before I kill you. FEEL IT!" she cried in anger, tears welling in her eyes as she watched Bellatrix writhe on the floor.

And the entire time as she caused this woman pain, Leona only felt.... numb.

There was this dark, gaping hole.

It was bigger and larger, deeper and darker, than the hole she'd been left with when her father went to Azkaban.

She knew she could fill that hole. But this hole could never be filled.

There was to forever be an empty hollow space inside of her heart where her father should've been.

She was too caught up in her own head, in her own emotions to remember what she was doing. She was too caught up in herself and in her grief that she didn't hear Harry rush in after her. And she didn't even hear Voldemort arrive as he smacked the wand from Harry's hand.

And then came Dumbledore and Fred out of one of the green fireplaces.

"Mr Weasley, if you wouldn't mind sorting out Miss Black," he whispered before he walked out and faced Voldemort. "It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom," he said to the dark wizard as Fred cautiously approached Leona.

"Rosalee?" he asked apprehensively.

She flinched at the name as she curled her fist tighter, and Bellatrix screamed.

"Rosalee, you need to stop."

"She killed my father. I'll stop once she's dead. She deserves to die. I'll stop once she knows the pain I've felt. The pain she caused me."

Fred paused.

Though he was also saddened at Sirius' loss, his heart broke even more for Leona who had to now deal with the pain of losing him again, except this time it was permanent.

"You need to think about this. Rosalee, think about this. Your father would not want you becoming a murderer for him."

"You don't know what he would've wanted," she cried angrily.

"Yeah, I do because I knew him and I know you," Fred said as he stepped closer to her. "And I know he wouldn't want you to do this. He would want you to be happy with your life. To grow up and have the life he never did."

Fred's hand touched Leona's wrist and the spell broke.

"Rosalee, stop," he said softly as he met her eyes and her whole body shook, and that was the one moment that Bellatrix needed to drag herself into a fireplace and escape.

And she let herself fold into Fred for all of a second before fire burned her skin.

Voldemort had let loose a snake made of flame, laughing as it hissed at Dumbledore.

Leona pushed Fred towards Harry who cowered near a fireplace as she ran to Dumbledore's side, pulling the water from a nearby fountain with her as Dumbledore deflected the snake.

Water enveloped the Dark Lord, trapping him within a sphere as it floated in the air, water crashing as Harry got to his feet. Only for Dumbledore to knock him back down next to Fred and Leona's spell broke as Voldemort landed on his feet, a column of darkness flying for them that Dumbledore blocked with a blue shield.

At least that was before the Dark Lord let out an enraged yell as a burst of power knocked them off their feet and shattered every glass window in the room, shredding the hanging banner of Fudge as Voldemort called the shards to his command.

And Fred threw his body over Leona's as Dumbledore held up another shield of a different sort, this one reducing the glass back to the sand it was made of as it rained down on them.

And as the four of them rose to their feet, Leona really wanted to hope that it was fear she saw in Voldemort's eyes when he saw them unscathed.

And then he disappeared.

And Harry fell to the ground.