Chapter 97

(A/N: Deathly Hallows Part One - Let's go. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Sitting in a house that's empty of furniture means that there's nothing to distract you from your thoughts.

And right now, there were too many churning through Harry's mind as he sat inside number 4 Privet Drive.

The summer had been something else. One that was darker unlike any before.

The twin's joke store had even been closed until the war was over. But mainly because after the rebuilding of the burrow, Leona had seen to it herself that as many protection charms as possible would be placed on the house. And her presence there brought a sense of relief to her adoptive parents, you could see it. Though they didn't like her being put in harm's way, she forced herself there, rather it be her than them. They didn't deserve it.

Leona had also found herself returning to Grimmauld Place.

She didn't know what drew her to go back.

But now the musty smell of the house was comforting, almost like she could feel her father's presence as she walked the many halls and corridors of the house.

The Dursley's had left London, left England. It had taken a lot of convincing, but they'd finally believed that there was too much danger for them to remain.

Lucius Malfoy had been broken out of Azkaban, along with more death eaters, and Muggle families were being killed left, right and centre.

There were a couple of bright spots. One being that Remus and Tonks had eloped. They were now married.

And the other being that Leona and Harry were at least on better terms, having spoken a few times over the holidays.

He hadn't asked her about RAB yet, and didn't know if he wanted to. She'd already sacrificed a lot and he didn't want to involve her further.

So, Harry sat in his room, packing a bag for soon he'd be joined with Ron and Hermione as they ventured across the world hunting Horcruxes. He'd told his sister about that much. She was worried for him but knew it needed to be done if they had any hope of defeating Voldemort.

Hedwig chirped in her cage as Harry ventured downstairs into the empty living room.

He never realised how ugly all these different wallpapers were without the frames that usually hung on them.

Even his times living in the cupboard under the stairs seemed like a lifetime ago. And it was as he was standing inside of it that he heard the sound of an engine.

"Hello Harry!" Hagrid grinned as he stood outside Harry's front door, unphased by the wand pointed at him.

And then a massive smile lit up his face as he hugged Ron and Hermione who made their way inside the house.

"Hello," he greeted.

"You're looking fit," Hagrid remarked.

"He's absolutely gorgeous," Mad-eye grumbled as he pushed his way inside. "What say we get undercover before someone murders him?"

Moody dumped a large sack in the middle of the living room as the large group filed in, Arthur Weasley, Kingsley Shacklebolt, the twins and even a couple of people that Harry didn't recognise.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the prime minister?" Harry said to the man.

"You are more important," Kingsley replied. "That and Leona asked me too. She wasn't allowed to come."