Chapter 11

"Scared Harry?" Oliver asked as they lined up, preparing to fly out onto the Quidditch Pitch, dressed in their scarlet robes, arms with brooms and bats for the twins as they stood behind Harry and Oliver, Leona standing between them as she led the three chasers.

"A little," Harry admitted.

"That's alright. I felt the same way before my first game," Oliver said.

"What happened?" Harry asked, Oliver looking straight ahead at the wooden doors.

"I don't really remember. I took a bludge to the head two minutes in. Woke up in hospital a week later."

Harry's face was one of pure terror as Leona shoved Oliver's shoulder.

"Not your most motivating of speeches Ollie," she reprimanded.

And light blinded them as the door rolled up.

Mounting their brooms, they flew out onto the pitch, the crowd cheering.

"Hello and welcome to the first Quidditch game of the season. Today's match is Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" the commentator Lee Jordan announced.

And after warming up a little by flying around the pitch, they took their starting positions, Harry and the Slytherin seekers hovering above the formed circle and the Keepers at the hoops as the rather ugly face of Marcus Finch stared down at Leona, who only glared straight back.

"Now I want a nice clean game, from all of you," Madam Hooch announced, specifically to the Slytherins who had a tendency to cheat, that being how Leona took a Bludger to the head last year.

"The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch," Lee announced as the chest containing the Quidditch balls was opened.

"The Quaffle is released... And the game begins!"