Chapter 40

No one had been killed thankfully, but there were a few injuries, some burns and broken bones trying to escape the fiery tents. The first thing Leona had done once they'd arrived back at the Burrow was send a letter to her father to let him know that she and Harry were alright.

They now sat on the train headed back to Hogwarts for their sixth and second last year of schooling, Leona treating them to treats from the trolley.

But then something interesting happened.

As the students were disembarking from the train, a carriage pulled by seven snow-white Pegasi flew past the castle, almost knocking over Hagrid as it landed.

"Blimey, there's something you don't see every day," Fred smirked, his arm around his girl as she smacked his chest before marvelling at the pirate ship that rose from the depths of the Black Lake, a school sigil flying on the sails that dropped and moved with the wind.

The students then changed into their robes before being led into the Great Hall, the sorting proceeding quickly before Dumbledore began his speech.

"Now that we're all settled and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement," he said as the candles floated overhead, the tables still bare. "Hogwarts will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well."

Leona then choked on a laugh as she turned to where Filch was running from the door to the dais, the twins also snickering at the way he ran.

"You see, Hogwarts has been chosen," Dumbledore started before stopping to whisper in hushed tones with Filch.

"Interschool Quidditch Tournament," Leona guessed.

"Damn that's a good one," George admitted as they guessed what was happening.

"Exchange program?" Fred guessed.

"Lousy," Leona and George scoffed as they watched Dumbledore and Filch.

"Let's see you do better then, Georgie," he challenged.

"How do you expect me to do better when you bloody took the good ones?" George defended.

"Well, you could start by-"

"Shut up! Shut up!" Leona interrupted as she grabbed their arms, Dumbledore beginning to speak again as Filch ran back towards the doors.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament."

The hall was awash with murmurs as the trio grinned and said, "Wicked."

"Now for those of you who don't know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear! If chosen, you stand alone. Trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime."

And everyone turned to the doors where a group of gorgeous women dressed in blue, all with their hair in low ponytails walked in.

They let out two exaggerated yet alluring sighs before running down the hall, birds made of paper flying into the air with sparkles of blue magic.

And though Leona was a little insecure as every boy in the room was looking at the girls, she felt less so when Fred leaned down to her ear and whispered, "They've got nothing compared to you. Those girls look as if they'll break with the slightest touch. I like a girl that can fight back and who won't break when I take her against a wall."

His teeth pulled on her earlobe slightly as he pulled away, an arm snaked around her waist, hand settling on the spot where her hip met her leg. And a wicked smirk graced her lips as she squeezed his thigh, rather high on his thigh that Fred inhaled a sharp breath as he yanked her closer to him, Leona laughing quietly as she leaned her head back on his shoulder.

The entire hall then broke into applause for the Beauxbatons, some of the boys whistling for them before Dumbledore returned to the podium, having escorted Madame Maxime, who was a ridiculously tall woman that she easily doubled him in height.

"And now," he began after silencing the hall. "Our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang, and their High Master Igor Karkaroff."

The doors opened once again as the students turned, this time greeted by rather handsome mean in warm brown travelling furs, all of which were rhythmically banging staffs on the stone floors, cracking them.

They then set their staffs on the floor as they ran for the front of the hall by the dais, some of the boys doing impressive tricks and flips.

"Don't worry," Leona whispered to Fred. "They don't look like they even know how to laugh. And I prefer redheads anyway; you know how to use your mouth."

And he pressed a quick kiss to her lips before watching as the boys created a Phoenix out of fire, the bird on their crest.

And with the Headmaster of their school, walked someone else. A very famous someone else that had Leona sitting up straight, able to hear Ron from where he sat a little bit down from them.

"Blimey, it's him! It's Viktor Krum!"

Oh, this was definitely going to be an interesting year.